Skip navigation
jnhutchi3
Currently Being Moderated

Problem installing Flash Player 10.3

Jul 26, 2011 6:50 PM

I was trying to install Adobe Flash Player 10.3, which is apparently the latest version.  When I go to YouTube, there is now a message at the top of the YouTube website that states you must have Adobe Flash Player 10.3 to watch any videos.  So I tried to install Adobe Flash Player 10.3, but I get the following error message --

Please close the following programs to continue.

brccmctl

Internet Explorer

brccmctl appears to be the program running the Adobe Flash Player 10.3 installer.  If I close brccmctl, the installer window disappears.  I'm using Windows XP, which is supposed to compatible with 10.3.  My browser is Internet Explorer 8.0.  I've also tried turning Norton Antivirus on and off, but that has no effect on this problem. 

I have no idea what to do to get around this problem, help!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2011 5:40 AM   in reply to jnhutchi3

Hello jnhutchi3

Settings:

By chance try this out....Go to the screen left click and under setting/display/-Enable hardware acceleration/Privacy/-deny/Local storage/-100KB/record volume/-somewhere in the middle works/Camera/-Not sure if you have one?

Global Settings:

Click start/ control panel/ Flash Player Icon/Local Storage Settings/-Allow sites to save information on this computer/Camera and Mic/-Ask me when a site wants to use the camera or microphone (Recommended)/ Playback/-Ask me when a site want to use a peer-assisted networking/ Advanced/-Check for updates automatically (Recommended).

then re-boot and hopefully everything will work.

Best Regards

RTremblay

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2011 6:26 AM   in reply to Gone Fishing ;)

non comnent

Envoyé depuis un mobile Samsung

"Gone Fishing ;)" <forums@adobe.com> a écrit :

>

>Hello http://forums.adobe.com/people/jnhutchi3

>Settings:

By chance try this out....Go to the screen left click and under setting/display/-Enable hardware acceleration/Privacy/-deny/Local storage/-100KB/record volume/-somewhere in the middle works/Camera/-Not sure if you have one?

>

>Global Settings:

>

>Click start/ control panel/ Flash Player Icon/Local Storage Settings/-Allow sites to save information on this computer/Camera and Mic/-Ask me when a site wants to use the camera or microphone (Recommended)/ Playback/-Ask me when a site want to use a peer-assisted networking/ Advanced/-Check for updates automatically (Recommended).

>

>then re-boot and hopefully everything will work.

>

>Best Regards

>RTremblay

>

>

>

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2011 9:29 PM   in reply to jnhutchi3

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

On Internet Explorer, Tools, add-ons, do you have Shockwave Flash Object, and is it enabled?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2011 1:29 AM   in reply to jnhutchi3

I am having same problem with error bccrmctl

, and cannot get Flash 10.3 to load!!!!

Running windows 7 on a 64 bit computer,

any suugestions or help????

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...