Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Fast Forward While Pressed

Aug 1, 2011 12:06 PM

Hello...

Is fast forward while pressed no longer a keyboard shortcut or am I just missing it?

I see shuttle control under Transport.  Why would the fast forward button work differently than the fast forward key?

BTW...

I like the CS5.5 interface WAY more than the AA2/3 interface.  I haven't decided if I like it more than the AA1 interface, but it's close.

JJ

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2011 2:30 PM   in reply to Fa310tx

Fast Forward whilst pressed works OK here using the Right Cursor key. Or you can try using the default J.K & L shuttle keys.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2011 3:10 AM   in reply to Fa310tx

Yes, the right arrow key. Both L/R arrow keys and JKL shuttle keys can be remapped from Edit/Keyboard Shortcuts/Transport or Alt+K shortcut,

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 5:30 AM   in reply to Fa310tx

hmm, I am searching for this shortcut, too! In CS 5.5 and CS6 I can't find this option any more, too

And "jkl" are not the shortcuts I am searching for ...

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,595 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to cmeira

jkl aren't just single-tap shortcuts. If you hit j and k more than once, they go faster.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 6:47 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

Yes, I know this option... But what I don't know: how to play the audio file (or video file in Premiere...) in normal speed after de-/increasing via f or l?

It's annoying (for me) that the video stops (by pressing k) and do not play automatically further (in normal speed).

Shure, I can press quite fast kl after finding a scene by fast-forwarding. But it's a key "too much"... So, does exist a key to play the file in normal speed after hitting l?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 9:49 AM   in reply to cmeira

If you hit the J key once after L key is playing faster playback will return to normal speed. Similarly if you hit L twice then hitting J twice will return playback speed to normal. J doesn't make the file play backwards unless you press it first or it has been used to slow down playback to normal. In other words the J key reverses the actions of the K key.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to ryclark

yes, of course the same behaviour as in Premiere

... but I (hmm, maybe no other one...)  wish to have a separate key (pressing only once) for playing a audio/video in normal speed after changing the "play speed".

.. and "Fast Forward While Pressed" (of former versions)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to cmeira

Fast Forward While Pressed still works for the Left and Right Cursor keys as in previous versions. But now it Scrubs the audio, you can hear the audio whilst moving backwards and forwards through the file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points