Skip navigation
marshmallow88
Currently Being Moderated

Which color management monitor?

Aug 1, 2011 8:58 PM

I shoot digital product and food photography using a mac powerbook. I've been using a LaCie CRT (yes, I said CRT) monitor for fine tuning my photos. It has finally started acting up so I'm ready for a new monitor. Can anyone recommend a dependable monitor that has color, brightness and contrast controls for use with establishing color managed profiles using eye1 macbeth (now that company is called something else which I can not remember at the moment). Obviously it needs to be accurate when it comes to color, brightness and contrast as well.

I ended up using my laptop screen this past shoot cause I had no other choice - but it made me really nervous.....

thanks -

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2011 9:16 PM   in reply to marshmallow88

First of all, my sincere condolences for your loss.  Losing your last high-end CRT is a traumatic loss.  I'm still hanging on to two (2) of them!  (Knock on wood!)

Highly recommended monitors:

The NEC 2690 and 2490.

You want to use the SpectraView II software to conduct all the work internally and use GammaComp and ColorComp.

If Andrew Rodney chimes in with updated recommendations, listen to his advice.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2011 9:20 PM   in reply to marshmallow88

As for the last sentence in my previous post, I thought we were in the Color Management forum, where Andrew Rodney is often active.

You may want to post there too:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/color_management#

This Photography forum is a graveyard these days.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points