Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

From Bluray to Regular DVD Transcoding

Aug 2, 2011 11:25 PM

I think I know the answer, but if I burn a Bluray version of my project and then later want to burn a DVD version of the SAME project, does Encore HAVE to retranscode everything it just did before?

Yes, because Encore has to transcode to two totally different formats, right?

Any way to jump QUICKLY from burning a Bluray to a DVD copy of the same project other than retranscoding it all over again?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2011 2:49 AM   in reply to Toomany3

Toomany3 wrote:

I think I know the answer, but if I burn a Bluray version of my project and then later want to burn a DVD version of the SAME project, does Encore HAVE to retranscode everything it just did before?

Yes, because Encore has to transcode to two totally different formats, right?

Any way to jump QUICKLY from burning a Bluray to a DVD copy of the same project other than retranscoding it all over again?

The short answers here are Yes, Yes & No.

Not only 2 different formats, but 2 different resolutions & 2 different pixel aspect ratios.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 8:13 AM   in reply to Toomany3

Think of your BluRay asset as an entire loaf of bread (ALL the information) and a BluRay disc as an oven... brown the entire loaf at one time 

Now think of a DVD disc as a regular toaster... and try and stuff a loaf of bread into a slot made for a single slice of bread

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 12:15 PM   in reply to John T Smith

John T Smith wrote:

Think of your BluRay asset as an entire loaf of bread (ALL the information) and a BluRay disc as an oven... brown the entire loaf at one time 

Now think of a DVD disc as a regular toaster... and try and stuff a loaf of bread into a slot made for a single slice of bread

Nice analogy!

|
    Mark as:
  • Alex DeJesus
    496 posts
    Jul 25, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 2:21 AM   in reply to Neil Wilkes

I agree. Great analogy!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This