Skip navigation
nycfonephreak
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 Web Premium Installation Fails - Windows 7 Home Pemium 64-bit

Aug 3, 2011 6:37 PM

I have a brand new computer running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. The very first software I tried to install was CS4 Web Premium. It failed to install after working for awhile and apparently installing some of the lesser parts of the suite - failed to install the major components such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.

I ran the clean suite (whatever it's calld) and tried again with the same results. Eventually I just installed a standalone version of Photoshop CS5 since Photoshop is the software I use 95% of the time and I needed to get some work done, while I continued getting the rest of my software/data set up.

Now, that I'm almost done installing my software and moving my data to the new computer, I'd like to go back and install CS4 - in particular I only need Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and Flash. What's the best way to get this installed? Will I be better off trying to do this installation under Compatibility Mode since it doesn't want to install in normal mode? If so, how would I do that (do first need to copy the contents of the installation DVDs to the hard drive?)

Computer: Lenovo IdeaCentre K330, Intel Core i5 2300(2.80GHz), 8GB DDR3,1TB HDD Capacity, NVIDIA  GeForce GT 420 (1GB), Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2011 10:41 PM   in reply to nycfonephreak

Will I be better off trying to do this installation under Compatibility Mode since it doesn't want to install in normal mode?

Hasn't anything to do with it. It will fail just as well. Plain and simple: You are missing a patch/ Windows update or a specific runtime distribution e.g. one of the MSVC ones or a specific version of .NET. Check tzhe Microsoft pages manualyl and install this stuff or have Windows Update do an extended search for compatibility problems and solutions.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2011 9:02 AM   in reply to nycfonephreak

Which specific component is responsible is impossible to tell without seeing the install logs and even then it may not show up, I'm afraid. Could be anything. People just usually don't take notice, because when you have installed many programs already, chances are it's already on your system. also check your Windows event viewer. if this is a generic error due to a missing DLL, it may show up there...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points