• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Permanently Disable Hardware Acceleration ?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When hardware acceleration is enabled i get BSOD... so i want it out for good.

Just unchecking the box infront of hardware acceleration doesnt last for long. It will get reenabled at random times.....and then i get BSOD.

So how to make it 100% sure it will stay disabled ?

Even after updates, even whatever.

It is a big pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not something that should happen; do you delete "Flash Player cookies" with some software, e.g. CCleaner?

Anyway, I think there will be some changes in that area in the new Flash Player that will be released next week.  (Sorry, I don't know the details.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, no new answer to the given one, just perhaps a detail.

It's for XP and Firefox 7b and v...183.5 but I think it's global.

V183.5 stores the information seemingly in cookies, sometimes called LSO-cookies, too, and if you use a cleaner, like CC... or the Firefox-Addon BETTER-PRIVACY, the LSO is deleted and information is gone. It seems not to be restored from a static default information pool or so, so the default is a hardware-check (I think) and this sets the option ON (as hardware is most of the time able to accelerate in general).

So you have to disable deletion of these LSOs. That would be no problem, if there is no private data stored in these LSOs. I dont think so, there IS private-data stored, so you loose. Adobe seems not to be a friend of privacy.

You have to protect  "C:\Dokuments...\YourName\Applicationdata\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys" (remember for XP and Firefox (Chrome default uses another directory!))  and subfolders.

If you want more privacy, then you have to write a script, that deletes this directory (will be no problem) and then copy a clean fresh content of this directory (with swtch off) from your clean-source, perhaps always when system is booted or shutdown (I do so).

Or you just hope, that Adobe will change behaviour or that flash will vanish.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xxxyyywww wrote:

Or you just hope, that Adobe will change behaviour or that flash will vanish.

If you use a 3rd-party cleaner that deletes information that Flash Player has stored, then there is really not much that Flash Player can do.  Store the information somehwere else where CCleaner cannot find it?

No, I think the best would be to report this to Piriform (the developers of CCleaner), and ask them to retain certain Flash Player Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Realy sad that there is no option to permanently disable Hardware Acceleration or at least to prevent it from getting enabled without user knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines