Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Instant Message Example?

Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to go through the IM example in ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit, Volume 3 (Chapter 71. Integrating with SMS and IM). Has anyone else actually got this example working using the sample code and database?

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Coldfusion Admin, under Gateway Instances I have configured the following:

Gateway ID: helpdesk

Gateway Type: XMPP - Handles XMPP instant messaging

CFC Path: C:\ColdFusion9\gateway\cfc\helpdesk\im.cfc

Configuration File: C:\ColdFusion9\gateway\config\helpdesk_ejabberd_local.cfg

After I start the "helpdesk" event and check the eventgateway.log there is the following mesage:

Error invoking CFC for gateway helpdesk: Cannot lock APPLICATION scope.  {ORIGINATORID={lucas@jabber.com},CFCMETHOD={onBuddyStatus},GATEWAYID={helpdesk},DATA={{buddystatus={OFFLINE},buddynickname={Lucas},RECIPIENT={me@localhost},buddygroup={Helpdesk  Staff},timestamp={Wed Aug 10 15:11:29 EDT  2011},buddyname={lucas@jabber.com}}},CFCPATH={C:\ColdFusion8\gateway\cfc\helpdesk\im.cfc},GATEWAYTYPE={XMPP}}.  Cannot use cflock to lock the application or session shared scopes without these  scopes being established through the use of the cfapplication tag. To use the  session scope you need to enable session management. Application and/or Session  variables must also be enabled in the ColdFusion Administrator.

However, Event Status says that it is running.

When I run the sample index page and I do see a message that says "The helpdesk is currently ONLINE."

But when I attempt to Add a new issue --- I receive the following:

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DEV_Helpdesk\cfc\helpdesk.cfc: line 25
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DEV_Helpdesk\index.cfm: line 5
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DEV_Helpdesk\cfc\helpdesk.cfc: line 25
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DEV_Helpdesk\index.cfm: line 5

23 : (id,status,subject,DateLogged,Assignedto,loggedby,loggedbyemail,body)

24 : values

25 : ('#createUUID()#','unassigned','#arguments.subject#',#CreateODBCDateTime(Now())#,'unassigned','#arguments.name#','#arguments.email#','#arguments.body#')

26 : </cfquery>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever have any luck with this?  I'm getting ready to try the same thing and it would be great to know in advance if the example is broken or not? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enable application variables and session variables in the 'Memory Variables' page in the ColdFusion Administrator. Then create the following application file and save it in the DEV_Helpdesk directory.

Application.cfm

<cfapplication name = "myHelpdesk"  applicationTimeout = "#CreateTimeSpan(1, 0, 0, 0)#" sessionmanagement = "yes" sessionTimeout = "#CreateTimeSpan(0, 0, 20, 0)#">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation