Skip navigation
will_spi
Currently Being Moderated

Listen for when enable and disable are selected in the context menu

Aug 9, 2011 2:53 PM

Hi,

I am currently using Squiggly 0.6 for TLF. I'm trying to listen for when Squiggly is enabled and disabled through selecting menu items in the context menu. I am able to get the context menu of the container being clicked on and look through the list of custom menu items. I called SpellUIForTLF.getSpellingMenuEntries() to get the menu item strings for enable and disable. However, SpellUIForTLF.getSpellingMenuEntries() is returning strings "Enable spelling" and "Disable spelling" as menu strings. In the actual context menu, the custom menu items have captions of "Enable spell checking" and "Disable spell checking," and thus the custom menu items aren't being found. Should these strings match? Or is there another method which I should use to listen for when Squiggly is enabled and disabled via the context menu.

Also, for text flows that occupy multiple containers, some of the context menus are not created until needed. On these, is there a way to listen for when enable and disable are selected in these context menus? I don't believe there are any events dispatched on enable and disable, and there is no way to hook into these context menu items.

Thank you for the info.

Will

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points