Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Transcode settings in Encore CS5

Aug 10, 2011 10:21 AM

I have two questions:

1. How can I see my transcode settings (including the 'Quality tab' after all the transcode finished?

2. How do I know that the (Automatic) transcode happened at my best quality settings for a large project (~120 minutes SD) if the 'leftover space' is just a few MB? (I am sure if the remaining space is in the order of GB, then the transcode 'did its best' but in case of a few MB, I don't know.)

Thanks,

Laci.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2011 12:19 PM   in reply to LaciG

Laci,

For the Transcode settings, you can go to the Project Panel, and Rt-click on that Asset, choosing Transcode Settings. Look in the Transcode Settings Column (might have to horizontally expand that Panel to see all of the Columns, or use the scroll bar at the bottom of the Panel. Is that what you are looking for?

I am not sure that I understand the second question. With Automatic, Encore does its best (usually very good) to get you the highest quality based on the Duration and the Disc Space. One could Transcode outside of En, using bit-budgeting, and more advanced settings (depending on the Transcoding software), and output a 100% DVD-compliant MPEG 2, for Import into En as either a Timeline, or as an Asset. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2011 3:18 PM   in reply to LaciG

If the project is 120 of timeline the DVD will definitely filled.

Make sure you check Use Maximum Render Quality in the Edit Quality Presets (that will be under File)

If you want best quality don't put more then 60-90 minutes on a single DVD.

If your timeline is over 90 minutes make a double layer.

Then you can use a bitrate calculator and get the best settings.

http://dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php?PHPSESSID=6501b6b2b31f4c4a29 5bc8c2ba1e6f57

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points