Skip navigation
MikeVila
Currently Being Moderated

Problem adding placeholders?

Aug 17, 2011 6:41 PM

Cannot drop and drag placeholder after new trial installation of Flash Catalyst CS5.5 Version 1.5.0.308731 using Apple OSX Lion 10.7 Build 11A115. I reinstalled the trial and I created several projects, still nothing.  Cannot drag and drop ANY of the placeholders. Help please!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 23, 2011 8:39 AM   in reply to MikeVila

I am having the exact same problem. The most info I could find on it today was "Flash Catalyst CS5 and CS5.5 are generally compatible with Mac OS 10.7. However, some issues affect usability of the product."  However, just yesterday Adobe stated ""We do not recommend that [Catalyst CS5.5] customers upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7." I know because I copied the quote to send to coworkers just yesterday.

I really hope this gets fixed soon.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html#main_Flash_Catalyst

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2011 11:35 AM   in reply to uiux_guy

Running Lion and I too cannot add placeholders. It's November can we expect this issue to be addressed anytime soon? This is a BIG problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2011 11:30 PM   in reply to MikeVila

It is not possible anymore to use placeholders in Flash Catalyst on any computer wih OS X Lion. On new and old Mac's as well. The application becomes useless without that feature.

Hoping that Adobe is fixing this very very soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2011 3:52 AM   in reply to Harold van Ingen

According to this post it seems like Adobe will not bother to fix the issue.

http://www.macworld.com/article/161249/2011/07/cs_lion.html

Come on Adobe... Pleeease fix it..!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to rijhjks

What a pain in the backside.

This application is worse than useless without being able to add placeholders.

Any chance of some money back? there was no mention of any such issues anywhere when I bought the product!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to gfrphilpot

Here's a temporary solution...

Get someone not running Lion (or someone using Windows) create an .fxp file with an instance of each of the placeholder-types in an empty state. Now you can go to that state, copy the placeholder you need, go to the state you're working in and paste the placeholder.

It'a not a very elegant solution, but it works.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to rijhjks

Thanks so much for this tip, it works a treat.

I have a virtual copy of windows on my Mac so I just downloaded the trial version of Catalyst and created a .fxp file with all the components in it and saved it to my desktop then loaded it into my Mac copy of Catalyst.

This doesn't just give you a State of placeholders to copy from it also enables the placeholder icons within the common library, even if you delete the placeholder on the State you can add it again later from the common Library.

Brilliant!

Thanks rijhjks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points