Skip navigation
supriyatenany
Currently Being Moderated

Sudden change in bytesTotal on bandwidth fluctuation causing video to stop playing

Aug 17, 2011 11:56 PM

Hi,

I have problem in streaming FLV over an HTTP protocol, with fluctuating bandwidth. When an another application sharing the bandwidth is opened/closed, the flash player experiences sudden Play.Stop event for the FLV. The player uses a netstream class and its objects and events. On further investigation, I discovered that the total bytes (bytesTotal property) reduces suddenly to the current loaded bytes (bytesLoaded property of the netstream object), and eventually the video abruptly ends when the buffer is empty post this premature Play.Stop event.

I could only find a timeout specification for FMS server, but nothing for Apache, from where my media content is delivered to clients. What could be the reason for this unexpected Play.Stop event?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2011 1:01 AM   in reply to supriyatenany

Hi,

Can you provide more details for looking into the issue please ?

Let us know the flash player version and whether you are using HTTP Dynamic Streaming or just streaming on HTTP. Is this behavior same with any FLV or just with one/some FLVs ?

You mentioned the buffer getting emptied, so do you also observe the Buffer.Empty messages before the Play.Stop or is it coming up abruptly ?

FMS is not in the picture and hence the specs for FMS will not be of use here.

Thank you !

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points