• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering Files after Illustrator CS5 crashes

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to recover a file that I hadn't saved after Illustrator CS5 crashes???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for a file ending .tmp in the folder where your file is saved. They usually start with Acr. If not there, it may be in the trash in a folder called "Recovered files".

Picture 1.png

Open in illustrator.

If the .tmp file is not  there, I believe you will not be able to recover your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me in what folder on Mac OS files placed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Good day! I am in need of your help. I mistakenly deleted a batch of illustrator files from my external HD. Fortunately i was able to reterieve all illustartor files, and unfrotunately some of "AI." and "PSD" files were no longer accessible. Upon opening the corrupted psd/ai files, a dialog box attached below will appear.

error.jpg -

I even tried to follow suggested solutions to links: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-illustrator-files.html and http://daxxter.wordpress.com/2009/04/16/how-to-recover-a-corrupted-illustrator-ai-file/. I am using CS5/CS6, UltraEdit software and Windows OS platform. I tried to add and configure enablecontentrecovery in Adobe Illustrator Prefs but it doesn't work and an error occured as well upon saving the changes made on the said file.

Looking forward to your suggestions/helps.

Thanks!

Cheqz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on something the other day and I thought I saved it and I have no idea what happened but it was not what I wanted today. I got a little worried as it was important but I found a way to recover the document I was working on.

In Illustrartor I went to File then Open Recent Files and it shows everything you have been previously working on.

Hope that helps,

Encho Pramatarov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Illustrartor I went to File then Open Recent Files and it shows everything you have been previously working on.

But it only shows stuff that's

- been saved

- didn't get ruined in the crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines