Please follow these instructions for installing the most recent version of Flash Player that supports PowerPC based Macs
1. Follow the instructions for uninstalling Flash Player on the Mac: Uninstall Flash Player
2. Download and extract the Flash Player 10.1.102.64 zip file
3. Navigate into the folder "/Flash Player 10.1.102.64/10_1r102_64/"
4. Mount the file "flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg" by double clicking
5. Install using the normal procedure
I've installed the Flash player from this link a few times now, and although the installation is successful I get no rotating F on the Flash home page or YouTube iPlayer etc. I've been trying to download some older versions from the archive too, it's the same story. Unfortunately as I also uninstalled before starting the the 10.1 installation I can't get any YouTube etc at all now. Please help!
I am using OS X 10-5.8 and have a PowerPC G4 laptop. I tried the version you suggested and navigated to and mounted "/Flash Player 10.1.102.64/10_1r102_64/flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg. It looked like it was working and stopped at the 57% mark and came up "This installation failed. Get Support" I have tried using other OS X 10.1 versions - all to no avail. Any other ideas? Much thanks in advance!
Please try the following:
1. Follow the instructions for uninstalling Flash Player on the Mac: Uninstall Flash Player | Mac
2. Mount the flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg and try installing again
3. If it still fails, right click on "Install Adobe Flash Player" and select "Show Package Contents".
4. Navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.