Skip navigation
Chris Campbell 9,456 posts
May 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

What version of Flash Player should I use with my Power PC based Mac?

Sep 27, 2011 11:36 AM

Tags: #flash #install #player #ppc #powerpc

Please follow these instructions for installing the most recent version of Flash Player that supports PowerPC based Macs

1. Follow the instructions for uninstalling Flash Player on the Mac: Uninstall Flash Player

2. Download and extract the Flash Player 10.1.102.64 zip file

3. Navigate into the folder "/Flash Player 10.1.102.64/10_1r102_64/"

4. Mount the file "flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg" by double clicking

5. Install using the normal procedure

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 26, 2011 9:31 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Many thanks for your reply.  It worked perfectly and I know can access video with my Flash Player installed.  Appreciate your help as it was very frustrating losing my video connection.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2011 9:42 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hey Chris,

I've installed the Flash player from this link a few times now, and although the installation is successful I get no rotating F on the Flash home page or YouTube iPlayer etc. I've been trying to download some older versions from the archive too, it's the same story. Unfortunately as I also uninstalled before starting the the 10.1 installation I can't get any YouTube etc at all now. Please help!

Many thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2011 10:27 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am using OS X 10-5.8 and have a PowerPC G4 laptop. I tried the version you suggested and navigated to and mounted "/Flash Player 10.1.102.64/10_1r102_64/flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg.    It looked like it was working and stopped at the 57% mark and came up "This installation failed.  Get Support"    I have tried using other OS X 10.1 versions - all to no avail.   Any other ideas?   Much thanks in advance! 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2011 5:37 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Well flash player updated its version very frequently...But to install and new version first you have t uninstall older one....Flash Player 10.1.102.64 is the latest one..

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)