Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Overprint Setting

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to Adobe's help topic on the subject:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/8.0/help.html?content=Chap10-Color_10.html

Look at the graphic above the caption that reads, "You can also use overprinting to combine two colors for special effects."

That is the effect I am trying to get. How?

I placed one object on top of the other.
In Object Properties, I selected Overprint for both graphics. Nothing happened.

In Photoshop, I think this is called a Screen or Multiply blend mode. But it's accomplished with layers, which FrameMaker doesn't have.

Thanks!

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to Adobe's help topic on the subject:

The link doesn't work. The forum seems to be corrupting it by invisibly inserting

forums.adobe.com/

and appending

&urlhash=kHOY&_t=tracking_anet

In any event, once found, the FM8 Help page does seem to imply that FM8 has transparency/opacity for Frame graphics.

I lately attempted to see if FM9 supported opacity for imported EPS objects with no luck, and someone else was asking in that same thread for opacity in Frame graphics.

I'll be surprised and delighted if FM has transparency support for anything beyond line art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link.

The images I am working with are line art. That is, they are native FrameMaker drawings with fills applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The images I am working with are line art.

Transparency in unfilled line art generally works for Frame Graphics, vector EPS, probably vector PDF, possibly SVG, and who-knows for vector WMF. The EPS or PDF preview image is always opaque - you have rto check the PDF output to verify.

That is, they are native FrameMaker drawings with fills applied.

That is claimed to work in 8.0 and later, but nobody seems to know how. That same example is in Help 10.0, with no clues as to how the Help author thought such a thing would be created in or imported into Frame.

Poking around in my copy of FM9, I see no tools for setting the opacity of a filled object - a crucial control for overlaid objects. (Actually, I can't even set a fill in my copy of 9.0p255. The fill button does nothing. I can only control the border.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines