• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

opera 11.0 will not upgrade it's flash player however firefox will

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i'm going to give my information. I have windows xp sp3 pro 32bit. I upgraded internet explorer to flash 10.3.183.7 and I upgraded firefox 3.6 but opera will not upgrade. I do not get a error notice but when I do the upgrade and then check at the adobe site firefox has upgaded but opera hasn't. I have administrative rights so what do i do now? I tried having firefox download and save then open. I tried having opera do the same and i tried just having opera open using run?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is what i found. I have been on this for most of the day.  I found out that opera is using a firefox plugin for flash in program  files/mozilli/firefox/plugins/nppdf32.dll.  Now firefox is using the flash plugin that i downloaded in windows/system32/macromed/flash. I have no clue how to link them and the plugin folder in opera is empty. In the windows system folder  that has flash in there  are four objects,two are active x for internet explorer and what's left is a  flashutil10w_ plugin and flash10w.ocx'. I have no clue  if I can  link this folder to opera. i was going to try and download a flash player for portble opera browsers but I'm too confused.Can anyone give me a idea? i have looked at almost every opera flash instalation guide and the more i look at the more confused i am. Thanks I know this is not great reading. I'll stop back later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mrjohncougar wrote:

I found out that opera is using a firefox plugin for flash in program  files/mozilli/firefox/plugins/nppdf32.dll

I do not know opera, and why it is not using the standard plugin folder.  The above looks like the Adobe Reader plugin.  Can you try and copy NPSWF32.dll to that folder?

Either way, I would also go and look for an opera forum; people there may know more than I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines