Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index Feature and Image Quality RH9

Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting a a bit of a crossover topic because there is no technical Communications Suite category as far as I can see.  There is a a TCS Installer category but my questions are with Robohelp and FrameMaker integration in addition to some general functionility in each of the products.

Can anyone tell me if FrameMaker index tags are picked up in RoboHelp 9 when linking or importing?  This sometimes works in RH8 and sometiems it does not when you intiially generate a project.  Updating the RH project does not grab the FM index tags.  I am unable to determine why sometimes and not others is effective when generating the project on first pass.  The idea here is to not have to create an index from scratch in RH.

Also, I know this issue has come up on this forum but I cannot find the thread.  Has the Image quality problem when linking and importing from FM ro RH been resolved in TCS 3.5?  i recapped the image quality problem int the following thread but figured more eyeballs would see it here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3890554#3890554.

I suspect has to do with the way RH handles imported images.  There is no image smoothing (explained in the link).

Thanks in advance for any input you have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a category FrameMaker Integration and I have moved this post to it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW There is an Adobe blog that covers images and probably a thread in this forum that refers to it. Post back if you cannot track it down.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the blog entry http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/06/troubleshooting-framemaker-content-conversion-in-robohelp-%E2%80%93-part-2images.html

Ok, so there is a distiller setting in RH9.  Hopefully that resolves the issue.  If anyone has any feedback on the effectiveness of this new feature I would appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't had any luck with improving image quality using the distiller feature.  Has anyone tested this or used it successfully (acceptable image quality of any image format using any DPI?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp