Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

¿Por qué Illustrator y no Freehand?

Aug 31, 2011 2:55 AM

Acabo de adquirir un iMac con Lion preinstalado y resulta que Freehand ya no me funciona, no entraré en el por qué. Me resulta increíble creer que una empresa como Adobe no sepa ver lo potente que es Freehand al lado del poco intuitivo Illustrator. Que un programa ya absoleto le haga sombra a un actual me parece de ciencia ficción. He intentado pasar página y llevo dos días utilizando illustrator y el odio que he adquirido hacia este programa no me parece normal, sinceramente me pone de los nervios. Cosas que con Freehand se tardan un segundo en hacer resultan interminables con Illustrator. Nunca habia escrito antes en un foro pero de veras que estoy bastante cabreada, por decirlo ya de malas maneras. Imagino que este mensaje se lo van a pasar por dónde quieran pero tenia la necesidad de decir algo. Y estoy bastante tranquila al observar la cantidad de foros con diseñadores echando de menos al maravilloso programa vectorial que estais dejando morir. Os odio y gracias por empeorar un poco cada día mi absurda vida.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2011 5:52 AM   in reply to Guardiola82

Por favor, no perdamos el tiempo en este foro. Usted es absurdo pretender que FreeHand estaba preinstalado en Lion. Que no es posible. Devolver el equipo para obtener un reembolso si el vendedor afirma tener instalado FreeHand en Lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2011 3:54 PM   in reply to Guardiola82

Did you not understand my reply or are you just being a crusty biscuit?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2011 5:57 PM   in reply to Guardiola82

As Rosetta is not available in Lion, why would you buy a Mac with Lion?

You've only had two days using Illustrator. I'm pretty certain you did not become a FreeHand expert in 2 days. As it has been known for years that FreeHand is a dead product, it is confusing why you would not have gotten a better head start on learning a new program, even if something other than Illustrator. Nobody is obligated to switch to Illustrator. There are other drawing programs.

I apologize for trying to answer your question. I did not intend to get in the way of all the other people scrambling to help you. I appreciate your gracious acceptance of the answer freely given.

I'm sure it is possible for Adobe to recognize the quality of FreeHand but with such a small market share, it is not fiscally prudent to support a program that so few buy. There is still hope for FreeHand users to request FreeHand features to be incorporated in Illustrator. FreeHand users just need to make their voice heard by contacting Adobe via their feature request form.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

ok, first freehand only have a smal market because adobe kill de app, 7 years from the last update on the app, and cero market campaing for it, we are not dummies, we know what adobe is tryng to do and is kill the app, the girl certainly have reason freehand is a way more intuitive than illustrator and a i use both for years, why she cant by a new computer only for one app thats is not reasonable if you develop freehand and call it illustrator is the best way you may walk and adapte some of the caracteristics from illustrator to freehand and you go, or why you dont release the code of freehand, them and the minority comunity of frehand (sarcasmo) they or we cant develope the app for our convenience, sorry but this is only a capitalist move only profits and cero competence

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points