• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe digital editions has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jus wondering if anyone can help me.  I am trying to transfer  a book I borrowed from the library to my kobo.  Everytime I drag and click it I get the following message. Adobe digital editions has stopped working windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.  I used to use the Kobo on my desktop with no problems borrowing from the library but now I  have a laptop I get this message every time.  It will let me put books that I have purchased on my kobo but no library books.   Also does it matter that I have a new kobo same model(just that my kobo was relpaced due to a problem I had) any help appriciated.

thanks

TOPICS
Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with downloading library books to my Nook. I tried what the other answerer said and it did not work for me. Here's what else I have tried (maybe there's something I did that you haven't): I uninstalled ADE from my computer. I then uninstalled ADE from my Nook by plugging it into the computer and deleting the files that said ADE. I restarted computer and installed ADE again. You have to set up a username and password through ADobe first. I then dowloaded the book to ADE again and dragged to Nook again. Still same thing- ADE shuts itself down. Another user said plug in your ebook first then open ADE. Still same thing. When I plug my nook into compter and open its documents on the computer, my library books are there. But when I unplug (safely) they are not on my Nook to be read. So confused!!!! I hope somebody can help us! I think it's a windows 7 problem. I'm going to try from another computer later today. I'll let you know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried what the previous poster has said but it didn`t work.  I also tried installing and uninstalling  adobe and still nothing.  I don`t have any idea what is wrond and I am so frustrated as the reason I got the kobo was mainly to borrow from the library.  Will keep searching for the answer and let you know if i find it. Please let me know if yo find a solution.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out why ADE keeps shutting down. I have a LOT of nook books (like 600) and it was bogging down the system. I just kept opening and hitting the nook button until all my books finally loaded onto ADE. Once I did this like a hundred times, it no longer shuts down. BUT I still can't read my library books on my nook and I called barnes and noble and they couldn't figure it out either. They jsut said try another library book. I haven't yet. I got so fed up I went to the library and checked out a real book (gasp!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through all of these issues and nothing assisted in my resolution.  My ADEv2.x was working...then all of a sudden decided to stop working.  Nice.....

I started tracing / tracking what files were being utilized and/or starting and quickly figured something out.

There is a file called "user.config" and was located..on my machine...here:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Adobe_Systems_Incorporate\DigitalEditions.exe_Url_oxhkcwg4hiitguzc245j2ayi3d0zprco\2.0.0.0

My file was zero bytes. 

I installed ADE on another system, copied this file from my VM to my machine and TaDAAAA...problem resolved!!!

Hope this helps others as it is another alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.

The fix for me on a Windows 7 machine.

Locate

C:\Users\(YourAdministratorName)\AppData\Local\Adobe_Systems_Incorporate\

Go up a level to "Local" and delete the folder "Adobe_Systems_Incorporate" as ADE should re-generate the information once you again open ADE.

This worked for me following several install/uninstalls and a lot of other futile attempts.

Thanks and hope this "fix" works for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

That worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!

"The fix for me on a Windows 7 machine.

Locate

C:\Users\(YourAdministratorName)\AppData\Local\Adobe_Systems_Incorporate\

Go up a level to "Local" and delete the folder "Adobe_Systems_Incorporate" as ADE should re-generate the information once you again open ADE.

This worked for me following several install/uninstalls and a lot of other futile attempts.

Thanks and hope this "fix" works for others.

":

Brilliant! thanks

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo these many years later, same problem, same solution on a Windows 11 system. Blank screen, uninstall, rename, reinstall, etc., as advised. It wasn't until I deleted that folder in "Local" app date that my books came back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon, gone again. I'm guessing same procedure will work again, but is this going to happen every time I close the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This time I only had to rename the My Digital Editions File and all reappeared as if by magic. Clicked on the icon on the taskbar and it opened and started downloading books. No uninstalling or reinstalling or further steps required. I'm breaking in a new computer and I have other things to worry about. It's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try this fix on Windows 8.1. It now works.

The crash seems to happen every time  the Adobe Reader is left ON

while  windows 8.1 is properly shut-down.

The bug won't be happening.

if you close the Reader first then shut-down windows,

With the fix however, all personal notations and hi-lights disappears as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was that digital editions 4 stopped working after a restart -- it did not start at all, even though it had worked

by deleting the  Adobe_Systems_Incorporate  folder, it then worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Digital just stopped working - the program wouldn't even open. Uninstalled and re-installed same thing, but then tried this and it worked- thanks.

Using on Windows 10 again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have equipment using Windows 8.1 and the same problem you described. ADE simply quits working and that for good. No un-installations and re-loads help. The advises given for Windows 7 are not applicable to 8.1 so personally I am getting slightly frustrated. Should I go back to printed books till the e-reading technology becomes more reliable or is there a fix I simply do not know of?

Melly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the  fix  on my Windows 8.1.

Removing and  Re - Installing will not work.

If you worry about deleting anything.

Just rename the folder like so :  xxxxAdobe_Systems_Incorporatexxxx.

It will regenerate.

ADE will maximize again on screen and won't stay stuck under there the taskbar.

Thanks everyone ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too on Windows 8.1! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As other replies I updated to ADE4 and it worked, then "suddenly" stopped. Reinstalling, restart etc didn't help. Starting ADE4 while watching Task Manager showed ADE4 appear briefly and then disappear. Reading the forum made me realise that I had recently done a full scan to try finding problems. Following the advice and deleting the Adobe_Systems_Incorporate folder has fixed the problem - YEA!! Now I can get on and read the Raspberry Pi User Guide and maybe soon get away from buggy Windows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but can't find an Adobe_Systems_Incorporate folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - thre's no folder of that name. (Win 8.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get ADE to work with Windows 10 by going to ADE properties folder and sharing folder (read/write) with all user listed. I then did same with "Documents" folder properties and sharing this. Don't know how long this fix will work; the last fix I did only worked a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who is donkey, dog ,bitch invented this 3rd class and many of bad thinks, wishes for this program which name is adobe digital edition in this program thousand of error mentioned  this program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines