Skip navigation
Claudia_Adobe_DI
Currently Being Moderated

Error Code U41M1C212

Sep 2, 2011 10:33 AM

ISSUE

"The update server is not responding. The server might be offline  temporarily, or the internet or firewall settings may be incorrect.  Please try again later. Error Code U41M1C212"

RESOLUTION

• Disable any inactive Wireless Connection (in as much as possible, be on a hard-wired connection)

• Disable your Anti-virus

• Disable your Firewall

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 2, 2011 5:32 PM   in reply to Claudia_Adobe_DI

Are you saying you solved this issue using the listed resolutions, or that you still have it?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2011 1:49 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Whether or not she still has this issue, I certainly do and would love to find a solution.

So far I have tried the suggested solutions as well as uninstalling, rebooting, then re-downloading, then reinstalling CS5 and I still receive that error.

Windows 7 64-bit

Photoshop CS5 64-bit

How do I resolve that issue?

Thanks,

CAZ

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 5, 2011 2:34 PM   in reply to Cazlaw11

Question to those with this problem:  What Internet security / firewall / other software that could affect network access are you running?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2011 3:48 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I run Kaspersky only.  I have been certain to shut it down and confirm that Windows doesn't also have a firewall running before loading CS5.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 5, 2011 3:55 PM   in reply to Cazlaw11

Yes, but the Adobe updater is a separate and apparently complex beast that (under some conditions at least) starts when you log into Windows.  It might not be happy with the conditions then vs. the time when you run Help - Updates.

The technical detail about exactly what network access it requires and when the various parts of it need what access are beyond me.  It does seem a fair bit more complicated than it should be, from a pure observer's perspective.

Oh, and by the way, it works just fine with the Windows 7 firewall on and with the Avast Internet Security software I run on.  I only mention this to assure you that it CAN work.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2011 3:56 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Thanks for considering this problem.  I suppose that if there was an easy solution, I would have found it when I Googled the error code.  It seems like the ultimate advice is, "Install the updates manually".  Oh well.

Thanks again,

CAZ

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 5, 2011 4:01 PM   in reply to Cazlaw11

It might be as easy as deinstalling the internet security software you have and switching brands - I honestly don't know.  Folks for whom it's working can usually only give advice on combinations they know do work.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2011 2:03 AM   in reply to Claudia_Adobe_DI

I too have the same problem, getting the error code U41M1C212.

This is a problem on the desktop only. On the laptop all is running OK.

Both are Mac's, both running the same programs.

The only thing that I can think of that is differant between the two, I did have a trial verson on the desktop at one time.

Whether this has some bearing on the problem I've no idea.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Oct 29, 2011 9:15 AM   in reply to 1jimjames

1jimjames wrote:

Both are Mac's

You might want to post over in the Macintosh-specific forum - this one is for Windows.  Over there you'll find more expertise on solving Mac system issues.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_macintosh

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)