Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

iOS CreatePDF

Sep 2, 2011 12:01 PM

Using the new iOS CreatePDF app on iPad....

How can you convert an InDesign document from the iPad? There is no way to get the "Open in CreatePDF" command when selecting a .indd document either in an email or elsewhere on the iPad. Same question about others format like .Ai & .PSD and all mentioned in the announcement.thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 4, 2011 5:07 PM   in reply to Jean-Claude Tremblay

Jean-Claude,

I do believe INDD, psd & ai were to be supported with the CreatePDF for iOS, this is currently being investigated by engineering – and they will push an update with a fix soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 1:11 PM   in reply to Kelly-Mc

On another page (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3904202) the prod mgr says clearly that it is supposed to currently support those files. I would hope that would be updated.

More importantly, though, I just want to say: What the heck is Adobe thinking?! This is a $9.99 app that apparenlty not only doesn't do what the product manager (and itunes store) says it does, but also doesn't appear (from user reviews) to work well at all. But the worst part is that even the product manager says that if you want a good PDF viewer, you should buy one of the third-party apps!

Umm... hello? Adobe? Remember when you told us that PDF was ubiquitous and that we'd always be able to use Adobe Reader on all major platforms? You released an iOS app that converts word docs to PDF and you don't even let us view PDF files we already have?

Yes, I know you can't push the Flash player or even the ability to play scripts inside PDFs. But come on, folks! At least give us a decent PDF reader for free, like you do on Linux, Mac OS, adn Windows.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2011 11:25 AM   in reply to David Blatner

David,

Yes, the post with the FAQs does clearly state that INDD & the other Adobe formats were to be supported, sadly it wasn't working in the final release. An update is on the way.

As for the very valid Adobe Reader issue I will be getting back to you shortly. There is only so much I can say on a public forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2012 5:52 PM   in reply to Kelly-Mc

Hi Kelly,

Im jsut been given an iPad 2 for christmas, whoo hoo!

and have been an avid user of Adobe products

I have downloaded the reader and it works fine

I was about to download the create PDF mobile App from itunes when I came across this forum

I was wanting to use the Creat PDF Mobile App for review and mark up of PDF's  - Is this possible?

or does it just convert existing documents into a PDF?

thanks

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to Cato2221

Hi Paul,

Create PDF is intended only to convert many document types from their original format to PDF. Therefore, it does not have any review and markup features. However, many have requested this feature in the Adobe Reader product and while we can't promise that capability we've certainly heard and understood that request.

As for the initial InDesign conversion issue - This was addressed in a subsequent release of CreatePDF. Please let us know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Pat

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points