Skip navigation
jmb2013
Currently Being Moderated

Error - iOS publishing requires files which are not installed

Sep 7, 2011 5:52 PM

Some people reported this error when using Flash Builder, but I am using Flash Pro CS5.5 on a PC with Windows XP. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Pro and Flash Builder but it did not resolve my problem. I was able to publish the same FLA files about a month ago and did a successful test of my app on an iPad. I made a small change to the size of a slider. This error occured when I tried to republish.

I don't know what files are missing but I'm guessing it is something to do with installing AIR for iOS. After reinstalling, my Flash CS5.5 folder includes an AIR2.6 subfolder but not AIR2.7. Any help would be much appreciated. Adobe Chat support said I need to call their experts!

Replies
  • McbainGames11
    287 posts
    Jun 17, 2011
    Sep 8, 2011 2:05 AM   in reply to jmb2013

This happens to me HEAPS what you can try is make new project and paste the frames in there and try it with that project file, it sometimes works.

when that don't work i install it on a diffrent user account

Flash doesn't like iOS so i bought a mac...

|
    Mark as:
  • McbainGames11
    287 posts
    Jun 17, 2011
    Oct 3, 2011 8:15 PM   in reply to jmb2013

I did answer you by saying 'when that don't work i install it on a diffrent user account'.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 5:21 PM   in reply to jmb2013

I have had the same issue, and it took me for quite a madening spin..

I updated Flash Pro CS6 to "update 2" ( aka. v12.0.2 ), which caused some of my flas to not want to publish for Air anymore, throwing the following two errors for specific flas:

a) While trying to publish  for Air for iOS, I'd get the infamous: "iOS publishing requires files..."

b) While trying to publish for Air for Android ( different fla ), I'd get:  "Error creating files.  Unable to access jarfile [path to Air SDK]/lib/ADT.jar"

I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so over the course of a day, I took MANY increasingly more drastic, unsuccesful, steps, leading to the 'ultimate':

Uninstalled CS6, uninstalled desktop Air, uninstalled Flash plugin ( might as well ), OBLITERATED my user Users/[user]/AppData( hidden folder)/*.  Interesting bit: changed the name of my AIR sdk folders -- a cosmetic issue for me ( might as well ):  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Air [version num] SDK --> C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Air SDK [version num].  Checked that my system PATH variable didn't contain anything funky.  Rebooted.  Re-installed CS6.  Same issue!  Did the update: same issue!!!

I was considering obliterating the OS at that point, and start from a clean install.  However, I saw a hint:  error b) kept indicating the path of the old AIR folder ( the one prior to me switching the position of the version number, for cosmetic reasons).  How come Flash Pro still knew about the old path, at that point?  I thought I got rid of everything..

So I changed the AIR target from the version of AIR the fla wanted ( 3.6 ), to a version of AIR supplied by the update ( 3.4, in this case, installed to: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\AIR3.4 ).  Saved the fla.  Published.  It worked -- for both fla files ( the one targeting iOS and the one target Android ) !  I then switched the targets back to what they were supposed to be ( 3.6, from my C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Air SDK 3.6 ) and it still worked!

Crucially, restoring the flas to prior the Air target switch would bring the problem back!

My suspission:

I think the flas store the path to the Air SDK that was used to publish them, rather than using the path provided by the new Flash Pro CS6 > help > Manage Air SDK, at compile time.  If this is the case...  that's just aweful.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points