Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat 9 Pro: Message "An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display page correctly. Please

Sep 8, 2011 7:30 AM

Over the past week, I have received pdfs from 2 different graphic design contractors that do not open correctly in Acrobat 9 Pro. There is an error in the document and when I scroll to the page where the error is, I get: An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person hwo created the PDF document to correct the problem." I did this, and the contractor remade the pdf 3 times, and I still couldn't open it. This contractor is already using CS5. For the problem today, I haven't asked for it to be remade yet--decided to see if I could find out if anyone else is having the same problem. The second contractor is using CS4. The only thing that I have done differently at my end over the past week is upgrade CS4 to CS5. I already had Acrobat Pro 9 so I didn't update it when I updated my CS5 products. Should I have upgraded Acrobat 9 anyway? Somehow, it doesn't feel right that this is the problem. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2011 9:25 AM   in reply to pdfCrazy

PDFs are known to get corrupted when emailed. Have the people post them on the net for you to download. If they have no server they can use, Adobe offers accounts at acrobat.com.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points