Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

[CS5][JS] UserInteractionLevel equivalent for ID Server?

Sep 9, 2011 7:49 AM

Hello,

I need to be able to ignore some warnings that occur in scripts that run on our InDesign server. I've tried using something like:

app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.NEVER_INTERACT;

However, this does not work when the script is executed on the server. There must be a way to set some sort of "interaction level" for scripts that run on the server... since the server gives me a warning that says "...you can click OK or cancel..."

I've seen that someone had the same error, but didn't appear to have a solution:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/328431 (from 2008).

If anyone has any ideas about this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

-Lloyd

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 9, 2011 1:30 PM   in reply to lhanneman

Hi Lloyd,

Where is this error coming from? I mean, where are you seeing this error message? How are you sending your script to InDesign Server?

InDesign Server doesn't have a UI, so it doesn't have a user interaction level--or anyplace to "click OK or cancel". It's possible that this is a bogus error message, but I'd need to know more to even make a guess.

Thanks,

Ole

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 9, 2011 2:07 PM   in reply to lhanneman

Hi Lloyd,

It seems to me that there are settings for ignoring errors/warnings, but I'm just not familiar enough with Server to know exactly how to get at them. I can see that I'm going to have to install ID Server to be able to troubleshoot this! Give me a few days. In the meantime, we can hope that someone else will chime in with an answer.

Thanks,

Ole

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points