Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Double speed play back, normal pitch - possible?

Sep 12, 2011 7:13 AM

Before I submit this as a feature request, I thought I'd ask if this is already possible.

When I press "L" twice while in my timeline, my video will play at douible speed.  This is useful for reviewing what a presenter is saying, but it's hard to decipher the words with the pitch moved up an octave.  Is it possible to play back video at double speed, but keep the pitch normal?  How about playing back at a fraction of double, say, 150% speed?

J. D.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2011 7:22 AM   in reply to jdmack01
    Is it possible to play back video at double speed, but keep the pitch normal?  How about playing back at a fraction of double, say, 150% speed?

No, not that I'm aware. Yes; try Shift+L (for forward play) and Shift+J (for reverse play). Start playback with L, and then tap Shift+L; that should increase speed in 25% increments, and you get a number of steps before it tops out. You can do it from a paused state, as well, and get fractional slower-than-realtime playback--that's very helpful, as well.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2011 11:07 AM   in reply to jdmack01

You're welcome

One thing I didn't note, that you might have already discovered, is that the Shift+J/Shift+L playback controls are on a sliding scale. If you're going a little too fast on playback, you can hit Shift+J to slow it down, instead of it immediately reversing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points