Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Last changes not saved??

Sep 12, 2011 7:41 AM

Ok I have an issue with Flash CS 5.5

When creating content and publish the swf and then save the fla file , all seem fine.

When closing the fla and reopen it later, the last changes I made are not saved??

This happens NOT every time.

At first I thought it was me that I didn't save the document before closing, but no this really happens!!

Never had this issue anywhere, but for now my only option is to stay with CS5.

Does anyone have similair issues with 5.5?

Menno

running Win7x64,  24 GB Ram,  GTX 580

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2011 10:34 AM   in reply to MennovD

Hi Menno,

Sorry for the inconvenience it is causing . We have been actively  working with our customers and investigating  all their issues.

Please provide me some more information  below that will help me in investigating this issue further

What kind of changes are not saved in your fla ?

Do you edit symbols / copy frame etc .

Is this consistent ? Do you have any reproducible steps?

Can you please forward me a fla file which is having this issues @ FlashAuthBetaBugs@adobe.com .

Thanks

Sukhbir

Flash Authoring

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 11:24 AM   in reply to Sukhi12

I am having similar issues with flash CS5.5.

On the stage in flash I have 4 text blocks. Instead of creating separate instances of each text block, I create one graphic and separate the text blocks into separate layers. Next I put each text block into it's own key frame while on it's own separate layer. So layer one is on frame 1. Layer 2 is on frame two and so on and so forth up until frame 4.

Now on layer two I put a blank key frame on frame 1 so that the text block for layer 2 does not show up until frame 2. Same with layer 3, and layer 4 with each text block. This is for animation purposes.

Now I'm back on the main stage and timeline. I bring in an instance of the new graphic symbol I've made. I go into my properties pallet down to the loop option and tell the graphic to play single frame and it's first frame is frame 1 then I put in a motion tween, the new motion tween NOT the classic tween. I do this so I can use some preset animations that I've created. I then drag that instance of that animation I just created a little on farther down the timeline. I then go to my properties pallet and change the frame it's supposed to play from frame 1 to frame 2. Still using the play single frame looping option. I do this until I get all 4 text blocks to come in as I need them and when I need them.

Also after each animation is done, I put in a blank key frame by hitting the F7 button to insert one after the animation is done. I've attached a screen shot of my main timeline and also a screen shot of what the inside of my graphic instance is supposed to look like when I finish editing it to look as I need to to do as I want it to do, to help explain my issue. As you can see from the image, I have several key frames inserted on a layer above the motion tweens after the motions end. At these key frames I input the frame number that the previous animation just played. This saves on layers, and saves on creating several graphics which reduces my file size because I am using the same instance of one graphic instead of instances of multiple graphics.

Now the problem is after I save the file and close it out, I then re-open the file and the graphic I just created reverts to the initial creation of said graphic. So all text blocks of my text are on frame 1, layer 1. All the layers I created, all the work I did in creating that graphic is gone. The animations are still in place, and the frame numbers for the looping option are still in place. In fact the looping option of single frame is still in place. It's the graphics that continuously revert backwards instead of staying as I've made them to be.

Screen shot 2011-09-12 at 1.12.15 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-09-12 at 1.22.58 PM.png

This also happens with drawn objects that I've converted to a graphic symbol and groups of images I've converted to a graphic symbol doing the exact same thing I did for the text blocks only using either drawings via the drawing tools in flash or bringing in bitmap images. Note this does NOT affect buttons or movie clips as far as I know. This is something that has been going on for weeks since I've upgraded to CS5.5 flash. It doesn't make sense and it should not be doing this. I had no problems like this using CS4. My clients required that I use CS5 because they were updating to CS5 so I did as requested. Now I run into this problem. It makes for extra work, my clients are not happy with this happening and I need a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks,

h_cline2

Flash Animator/Developer

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 11:26 AM   in reply to MennovD

Mennov this happens with AS3 files. I know I work with AS3 files so this isn't just an AS2 problem.

h_cline2

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 11:40 AM   in reply to MennovD

No not just you. I've been having this problem for weeks. Actually about a month now since upgrading. It didn't show up at first. At first it was fine then bam out of the blue it started happening. The people I contract to usually look at the work I send them and then they send me a document with changes they want made to the work I've done. Usually little tweaks here, tweaks there. Just adjustments sometimes replacing of graphics or including something I initially didn't put in. Then the documents started saying complete animations were missing. I knew something was wrong when I went back into my files and saw the animations were there but the graphics weren't. Thus I've been struggling with this and finally I've gotten so tired of it I tried to find out if anyone else had the issue and if not I was going to contact adobe about this. I'm hoping for a patch to fix this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 1:50 PM   in reply to MennovD

Hi Menno,

I have received your files . I'll  investigate and get back to you later .

Thanks

Sukhbir

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 1:54 PM   in reply to h_cline2

Hi h_cline2,

Thanks for the detail information  . We are working with different customer in resolving these  issues.

In response to your workflow  I can suggest you a workaround

Now I'm back on the main stage and timeline. I  bring in an instance of the new graphic symbol I've made. I go into my  properties pallet down to the loop option and tell the graphic to play  single frame and it's first frame is frame 1 then I put in a motion  tween, the new motion tween NOT the classic tween. I do this so I can  use some preset animations that I've created.

Please save your fla file before you start dragging  ......

I then drag that instance  of that animation I just created a little on farther down the timeline. I  then go to my properties pallet and change the frame it's supposed to  play from frame 1 to frame 2. Still using the play single frame looping  option. I do this until I get all 4 text blocks to come in as I need  them and when I need them

Let me know if that helps .

Thanks

Sukhbir

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 2:25 PM   in reply to Sukhi12

I've done that and it still doesn't work. Much of the stuff I work on for my client is broken up into parts. So I work on part 1 of a project until part one of that fla file is done. Then I take the graphics from the end of that part and use them in the next part. My client calls this segmenting and they like to use graphics from the end of the first part at the begining of the second part to link them together.

So even if I save before dragging and dropping or even if I don't drag and drop and still save I still have this problem.

h_cline2

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 2:34 PM   in reply to h_cline2

Can you please forward me a fla file which is having this issue  @ FlashAuthBetaBugs@adobe.com .

Thanks

Sukhbir

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2011 3:13 PM   in reply to MennovD

Mennov he was asking me to send a copy of my fla file to him. I will do so tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2011 9:05 AM   in reply to Sukhi12

I sent you a fla file with the problem I described. This shows what happened after I saved it, closed it and then reopened the file. I have to go back and redo the entire artwork which is a pain in the rear.

h_cline2

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2011 8:57 AM   in reply to MennovD

ah ok, I'm happy to see that I'm not crazy

I've used CS5.5 for some weeks, and some changes I made in a FLA were not saved, while others changes in the same FLA were saved.

Pretty scary.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2011 9:59 AM   in reply to gludion

Hi ,

Can you please let me know the Flash Version of  CS5.5 .

We have recently released an update for CS5.5 .

You can update Flash from Menu  Help > Updates .

After update you should see the Flash version 11.5.1.349 .  Please let me know if you see still the issue after the updates .

Thanks

Sukhbir

Flash Authoring

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2011 2:55 AM   in reply to MennovD

@MennovD, @Sukhi12:

great! Thank you for the update. I updated to 11.5.1.349 (from 11.5.0.??? I don't remember exactly) and will let you know if any similar problem occurs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to MennovD

The update did nothing.. the bug still appears.. maybe even more than before..

The app is ruined..  making my job as flashad developer a living nightmare..

Thanks adobe - keep chargin us for buggy software.. way to go.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 1:32 PM   in reply to JakobSternberg

I am having the exact same problem and have been for months!!! It is SOOOO frustrating and such a HUGE waste of time! I have CS5.5 Version 11.5.0.325. But based on the above post I have no desire to upgrade.

HELP ADOBE!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:24 PM   in reply to C U Fall

What I have found when this kind of Problem occurs its usually this:

On a network drive Flash never gives a warning when anyone of my colleagues has opened a fla document. So I figured: even If I apply changes to the document, and even if its saved and closed, usually the changes get erased when any other person touches it the same time as me. This happens especially when you are in a cross-OS develop environment (meaning the fla gets worked on by Window/Mac Users). This happens even if they only copy the fla to their clipboard because they want to work locally on their HD and don`t overwrite the clipboard with anything else while they are working on it.

My solution:  migrate to the xfl format, since it soesn`t seem to have these issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:38 PM   in reply to moccamaximum

And what is the explanation, if you are only one developer.. one piece of flash software.. and no network involved.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 5:02 AM   in reply to JakobSternberg

Thanks moccamaximum - but as with Jakob, that's not the issue for me. I am ALWAYS the ONLY person working on my fla document when this problem occurs. It is definitely an Adobe Flash issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 5:34 AM   in reply to C U Fall

a solution might be to try the upgrade and check if it fixes the bug.

If not, keep the upgrade or revert to older version by re-installing flash.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points