• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why won't my flash player work? downloads but does not install! internet explorer 9

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the flash player to do my college statistics homework but it will not work!!!!! I was prompted by my textbook's website to update my flash player, so I followed the link as well as all the instructions on the adobe website. The flash player starts to download, then tells me to close internet explorer. i close explorer and retry. then, the adobe webpage comes up saying it's been installed, but when i try to go back and use my e-textbook, it says i need to update my flash player and i'm in the same place i started! help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the website?

In Manage Add-ons, is the Shockwave Flash Object enabled?

In Tools, Safety, is ActiveX filtering unchecked?

In Internet Option, Security tab, is the security level set to Medium-High?

What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't even see something that says Shockwave Flash Object in my "manage add-ons" thing

ActiveX Filtering is unchecked

yes it is at medium high

and i have windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 - 32-bit or 64-bit?

Make sure you use the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer when you try to use Flash Player, or checking the Shockwave Flash add-on.

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (32-bit Windows), or C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash (64-bit Windows) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are using 32 bit internet explorer and active x filter is unchecked under tools, other than that I haven't the slightest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add on to the last two posts, more detailed instructions with screenshots can be found here:

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enabling Shockwave Flash Object in "Manage Add-ons" in the Tools (Gear in upper right corner) worked for me. Carl Meyers nailed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines