Skip navigation
SIGHCLOPS58
Currently Being Moderated

How to install Adobe Premiere 6.0 on Windows Vista

Sep 18, 2011 4:40 PM

I purchased Adobe Prmiere 6.0 11 years ago and installed it on my computer which was running Windows Millenium at the time

I now wish to install and run this program ( Adobe Premiere 6.0 ) on my Window Vista.

I have the serial number

When I try and insert the disc and run the program with autorun in the pop up box that appears nothing happens

So I go to Start--My Computer--Disc--Explore--I chose Autorun and I get this message

" The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running.

Check your computers systems information to see whether you need an x86(32 bit)

or x64(64 bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher "

My computer is running a ------64 bit Operating System

2 Duo CPU 2.80 GHz

So now what do I need to do ?

Is this a lost cause.

Can I get this program and it's software to run on Vista ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 18, 2011 5:31 PM   in reply to SIGHCLOPS58

I have Premiere 6 (and a Pinnacle Dv500 card) that will not work with Win7... so when I built my computer, I installed WinXP on a small portion of the boot drive and Win7 on the rest

When I want to use P6 to operate the Dv500 I restart into WinXP... and then restart into Win7 for PPro CS5 to edit the AVI files I created with P6/Dv500

Since you already have Vista installed, I don't know if you will be able to install WinXP as a dual boot system (as I remember from 1.5 years ago, you must install the LOWER version first)

Win7 has a "virtual XP" module to download and install, to be able to install and run old programs, but I don't know if there is such a thing for Vista

Search at http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US to see if there is a Vista version of Virtual XP

Otherwise, see what you can do by running the P6 autorun/setup program using a Vista compatibility mode

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points