Skip navigation
KomputerMan.com
Currently Being Moderated

Removing compiler problem markers

Aug 29, 2006 2:03 PM

Does anybody know why I keep getting a pop up window that is telling me it can't find a marker id at some location number? I am getting one of these messages about every other time I save and compile and it is getting RATHER ANNOYING!!! What does it mean and how do I eliminate it???

Thanks in advance for helping me lower my blood pressure!!! :)

Have an Ordinary Day...
KomputerMan ~|:-)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 29, 2006 3:33 PM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    Try running Menu, Project, Clean

Tracy

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2006 9:17 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    Same problem here, very annoying. Everything has started when I've tried to rename some of my .mxml components, it seems that the problem is related to the projet itself, and not the eclipse workspace.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2006 8:15 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    Yes, I am now getting the same error - but slightly different wording

Removing compile problem markers (Time of error: blah blah blah...)

The details section states:

An internal error occurred during "Removing compiler problem markers".
    java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm able to compile the same code with no problem from the command line on a Linux box. Running the clean comand doesn't fix this unfortunately.

Some background info: I'm running a FDS project against a JBoss server on a windows XP machine.

So, I deleted my project and shut down flex builder. Then removed the project files (.actionScriptProperties, .project, & .flexProperties) and removed the project folder from the flex.war folder in the jboss server. Restarted Flex Builder and created a new project the same way the project was built. And wa-la the problem is gone.

So, something has gone bad with the project, but I am not sure what because a look a the previous project files and they all seem normal. I was having problems with the project trying to create the "Output Directory" early, but a rebuild of the project seemed to fix that too.

hope this helps.

--Andy

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2006 8:36 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    Any one got a solution to this, its happening in my Flex Bulider 2 for windows as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2006 8:25 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    I got mine to quit popping up that error by uninstalling Aptana and Subversion. I then reinstalled subversion without the popup coming back. Unfortunately, subversion keeps telling me that it's too old of a client to work with the repository and I'm running version 1.0.3!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2006 7:27 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    I fixed this by closing FB2, renaming the file C:\Documents and Settings\<My Username>\My Documents\Flex Builder 2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\<My Project>\.markes so it wouldn't find it and restarting FB2.

It may also delete your bookmarks and breakpoints.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2006 2:01 AM   in reply to Wigg
    Good tip. This worked for me too, thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2007 2:33 PM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    Can i just add a solution to the suggestions here? i was having this problem also, and though none of these suggestions were working for me, i found a suggestion at flexcoders that so far seems to work - credit to Laurent Fontvielle:
    --------
    http://www.mail-archive.com/flexcoders@yahoogroups.com/msg47406.html
    (begin quote)

I've got the same problem.
    It seems to be a bug with FlexBuilder when you change the "Flex
    applications" of your project properties.
    You have to edit the file ".actionScriptProperties" located in your
    project root folder.
    There is the following section:
    <applications>
    <application path="MyApplication.mxml"/>
    </applications>

Maybe there is an entry <application path=...> corresponding to an old
    setting. Correct it. Then close project and re-open it.

Laurent.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2007 11:39 PM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    I'm pretty sure the bug being discussed here has been fixed in Flex Builder 2.0.1, which was released as a free upgrade the other day.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2007 9:19 AM   in reply to mike_morearty
    I just encountered the same error on Flex Builder 2.0.1 and it wont go away.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2007 9:46 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    hawkfanxity, did you try the workaround mentioned by Wigg above? "I fixed this by closing FB2, renaming the file C:\Documents and Settings\<My Username>\My Documents\Flex Builder 2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\<My Project>\.markes so it wouldn't find it and restarting FB2.

"It may also delete your bookmarks and breakpoints."

The bug that existed in FB 2.0 and was fixed in FB 2.0.1 was that at certain times, such as when starting a new compile, FB would clear out the old markers, but there was a race condition between two threads, so the thread that was trying to delete the old markers would sometimes fail.

However, if the markers themselves, as stored in .markers, are corrupt, then that's a separate issue. Wigg's workaround would seem to imply that somehow the markers got corrupted. Give it a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2007 10:08 AM   in reply to mike_morearty
    This fixed the problem but I was just saying that the fix for this has not been made in Flex Builder 2.0.1.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2007 10:42 AM   in reply to Craig Grummitt
    None of these solutions are working for me. I'm in Flex 2.0.1 but it started after I installed FB 3.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2007 5:25 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    I am on Flex Builder 2.0.1 Eclipse plugin (2.0.155577 version) and I am also victim to this problem.

I had located file .markers at slightly different location:
    c:\<My workspace dir> >\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\<My project>\.markers

Erasing this file does nothing.. It is recreated again with a new compilation and this vicious error "Removing compiler problem markers" still remains.

I guess, I am ready to move to Flex 3 Beta 1 now =)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2007 5:28 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com
    Phew, sorry I was mistaken, clearing the file .markers at the location I had mentioned above had fixed the error Removing compiler problem markers".

Flex 3 Beta 1 can wait for now.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2009 3:27 PM   in reply to JabbyPandaUA

Hey;

I had the same problem caused by attempting to install flex builder 3 plugin on the Gallileo release of Eclipse.  Reverting back to Ganymede the problem persisted in the workspace.  It was also very annoying 'cause my current workspace has about 16 projects the majority of which had this issue.  I've succesfully got things back up and running and subversion behalving properly and up to date.  I used the method decribed above and renamed the .marker files in all of the affected projects.  I'm concerned though about the ramifications of doing this.

Does anyone know clearly what purpose(s) these .marker files serve, or can someone point me to the documentation that would explain?

Thanks

-Simon

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2009 10:31 PM   in reply to Simon-A-Brown

I also got this problem by using Flex Builder 3.2 in Eclipse Gallileo (3.5.1).  Going back to Eclipse 3.4.2 and reinstalling Flex Builder did _not_ fix the problem.  Deleting the .marker files in the .metadata folder of the workspace (as described by another poster) was the only way I could fix it.  Presumably, creating a new workspace and getting from source control again would also fix it because the new workspace would not have .marker files yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 2:54 AM   in reply to KomputerMan.com

Only thing hat fixed it for me was creating a new workspace and reimport the projects there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points