I have a piece I wrote in Authorware 7.0.2. The piece runs correctly on all of my test computers except for my Windows 7 machine. When I execute the program, I get the circle (indicating that something is starting to happen) for about 10 seconds, then nothing else happens. I've watched Process Explorer as I tried to start the piece and can see Authorware runtime try to start, then close. I've tried to run it in compatibility mode (XP and Vista), but neither works. I've tried to run it as administrator, that doesn't work. I've disabled User Account Control - that doesn't work. I've tried to run it in safe mode - that doesn't work. Is there anything I can do? Thank you.
Not sure – trying again …
You just need to trust the site that is hosting your Authorware files. Go to the page where you Authorware file is, then go to Tools > Security and select the Trusted Sites green checkmark. Select the Sites button and add the current site.
Then you need to close IE, and go back to the page. Your Authorware content should work now.
Posting this via the web forum. My last 2 posts were by email ... as you should be able to see, the second one worked fine. Not sure why the first one is missing my response :-/
Anyway - just confirming that the posts are going through now. Sorry for my slow follow-up.
Thanks for the reply, Steve, but this is a stand-alone piece that runs via Authorware runtime. It does not run within a web page. I did find a solution though (and this might help others). The laptop was configured with the operating system on the D: drive. I reconfigured the laptop so that the OS is on the C: drive and all is now well. Some time I might try to repeat the error by setting the OS on the D: drive again, but until then it's working well. Thanks, again.