Skip navigation
rajdeeprath
Currently Being Moderated

Why does flash drop frames ??

Sep 21, 2011 10:18 AM

I have been conducting some tests and am totally lost as to why flash based broadcasting drops frames.

The genral formula for calculating bitrate is :

bitrate = Width x Height x FPS

Now if this value is lower than  Camera.bandwidth then why should flash still drop frames ?? Any assistance/ideas is greatly appreciated.

I have checked with FMS performance tab: bytes in is well bellow Camera.bandwidth as well , but still flash drops frames... why??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2011 11:08 AM   in reply to rajdeeprath

probably because the Internet was never intended to stream video or audio or anything other than text for that matter but extremely creative people found a way.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 4:18 AM   in reply to rajdeeprath

Ummmm I was very downright serious. Do you know much about networking? Go read up on the history of networking. I'm sorry you are offended. Its ok that you reported me. Adobe may contact me they may not. Time will tell. I hope an  Adobe engineer or employee  answers this question. I would like to here the less philisophical answer to your question. If you don't want to wait for that maybe looking up the networking protocols  TCP and UDP will answer your questions especially the UDP one.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 5:53 AM   in reply to rajdeeprath

I'm glad you found the answer you were looking for. Goodbye.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points