Skip navigation
prusierra
Currently Being Moderated

PDF's not loading in browser - Internet Explorer 9, Adobe Reader X, Win 7 x64

Sep 21, 2011 2:55 PM

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and have a site that uses forms that need to be filled and submitted.  The problem is that when I open the form, they are opening in a seperate Window.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader

I've done 'detect' and repair several times.

I have checked and unchecked "Display PDF in browser" under EDIT -> PREFERENCES -> Internet

What I CAN tell is that when I go into Internet Explorer and look at the addons I do NOT see any of the acrobat add-ons that I see on my other computers (that work).

I've looked in the program files/common files/adobe/acrobat/active x folder and all the files are there but I don't see a way to make Internet Explorer force loading those or getting them in there manually.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at my wits end!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2011 3:19 PM   in reply to prusierra

Hey Prusierra

What version of Adobe Reader X are you using? I know I have had all sorts of issues with 10.0.1 and updating to 10.1.0 seems to be a much more stable option.

I also saw this problem you are having and hitting F5 to refresh the page seemed to magically cause the document to display (not a resolution but something to try)

cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2011 11:11 PM   in reply to prusierra

Hi,

When you say that they are opening in a separate window, do you mean that IE is opening them in a separate window or do you mean that Adobe Reader is being launched to display the PDF?

Thanks

Ankit

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2011 1:53 AM   in reply to prusierra

Is your IE 64 bit or 32 bit? The Reader add-in works only on the deafult 32 bit IE on 64 bit Windows.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points