Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player Does Not Work in IE9 but does work in Firefox and Chrome

Sep 21, 2011 7:41 PM

Hi:

I just installed Flash the latest version of Flash player on IE9 and Firefox, 09/21/2011. both installed successfully. 

Ever since IE9 became available i hesitated to install it, using IE8 with no problems on Flash player.

And after a month i decided to  install IE 9.

Then my problems began. Flash player which had worked just fine in IE8 was not working on many websites streaming video in the new IE9. Ughh..........

Anyway my computer o/s is windows7 ultimate 64 bit  [using 32 bit browsers only]

i noticed your other post on this subject and checked the shockwave plug-in  [it was enabled].

i checked the Active X filter setting  [it was NOT enabled].

Heres an example,  i can access this the streaming video on this site in Firefox but when i go to IE9 i get the following error on the flash player screen

" server reject-  (_defaultroot_._defaultVhost_) Application (rtplive) is not defined".      

here is the link http://www.wezatv.com/dootv/channel_3_3.php   it is a thai website that streams television from Thailand.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Sep 21, 2011 10:05 PM   in reply to beermugNewYork

If you go to this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

is Debug Player set to yes or no?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Sep 22, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to beermugNewYork

Thanks.  Could you take a screenshot of the error you are receiving?  I tried the site you mentioned but it loaded and played fine on my IE 9 install.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Sep 23, 2011 3:20 PM   in reply to beermugNewYork

Thanks for the follow up, good luck with the login issue!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2011 6:04 PM   in reply to beermugNewYork

When using I.E.9, one of the first things to do is to activate the Command bar, click Tools, click Compatibility View settings and check Include updated website lists from Microsoft.

If a site is not showing flash correctly, click the torn page in the One Box or add the site to the compatibility view list and then refresh to see if that solves the problem.

If not, press F12 and change the tab to I.E. 8 browser mode and refresh to see if that solves the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points