Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Slidelet images

Sep 23, 2011 9:35 AM

I'm very confused using images for slidelets in Captivate 4. Sometimes, they import beautifully and others they look AWFUL. I'm not doing anything different...I grab a capture with SnagIt, save it as .png, and import it into the slidelet. It looks fine in SnagIt Editor but looks all mashed in the import preview window and subsequently, the slidelet space. Why does it work sometimes and not others?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2011 3:05 PM   in reply to dmpmt(ascp)

I found this with png's as well... sometimes there is transparency that you need to crop to scale the image properly withing the slidelet. Barring that, please post an image of your issue, and I'll work through it with you.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 6:18 AM   in reply to dmpmt(ascp)

Perhaps a stupid question, but which image slide quality do you use?

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 9:15 AM   in reply to dmpmt(ascp)

In addition to libiri's question, which is by no means stupid... I need to check mine as well...

I've noticed that pasting into powerpoint or word then saving as a .png from there gives me a fairly standard result. Although, I believe, there is some compression added by doing so.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 12:08 PM   in reply to dmpmt(ascp)

Are you referring to my question: which slide quality? Check in the Properties panel, General accordion. Default setting is Low (8-bit) and for such complex images as you show you definitely have to change this to Optimised or High.

Maybe the paste to Word... work, but I find this very strange, because I try to avoid using the clipboard as much as possible. Why not using a real graphical application to optimise the image?

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2011 10:34 AM   in reply to Lilybiri

Photoshop is the way to go, for sure. Still, I thought the slide quality only dealt with the compression at publish... not while working in the slide. Plus, it wouldn't have changed between images, I'd think.

Interesting...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 6:42 AM   in reply to dmpmt(ascp)

Diane, please, what is your slide quality? I have been asking that before, but never got an answer,

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points