Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"A prerelease version of this product is already installed" TCS3.5 Upgrade

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate, 12GB RAM, 750 MB free hard disk

I have a TCS 3 installation that I am trying to update to 3.5.  I can install 3 fine, but I get the message “A prerelease version of this product is already installed” when I try the update.

But I have uninstalled the pre-release version long ago.  I have tried uninstalling 3 and reinstalling from scratch before the update. I have tried accepting the 3.5 install as a trial to enter the serial number later, and tried entering the serial number as usual.  I have used Revo Uninstaller and edited the Registry by hand to remove any traces of the TCS 3 install, but I cannot find anything that looks like it was pre-release only.  The 3.5 serial number I have is valid according to Adobe Support.

This seems very familiar to me from the pre-release forum, but I don’t recall the details and can’t access it now.

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made inroads here, and can install all but Acrobat X Pro successfully. I'll post here once I get full resolution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

TCS 3.5 and TCS 3 can co-exist. You need not uninstall TCS 3 before installing TCS 3.5. Just make sure you do not have any previous build of TCS 3.5.

If problem persists, please share the following install logs:

• <root drive>\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 <timestamp>.log
  • %temp%\PDApp.log
  • %temp%\oobelib.log
  • %temp%\aul3.log

This can help us in identifying the issue.

Regards,

Anchal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anchal,

I was able to get the TCS 3.5 suite installed by extracting the downoladed installer file once more - the error message said that cab1 was corrupt, and apparently it was.

Thanks for your reply.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines