Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Image which sits above a pan object

Sep 26, 2011 5:21 AM

Hi all

Is there any way to get an image to sit on top of a pannable image. I am showing an image within a frame, which you can pull up and down to see more of that image. I'd like to have a button sit on top of that pan image, but it just over writes it. The button is above everything esle...

Thanks

M

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,636 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Sep 26, 2011 10:48 AM   in reply to jmartynhopkins

Just place the image on top of the image pan. When your customer tap the image pan, the image goes to the background. When they double-tap the image pan, the image comes back to the front. There is an example of this "poster" effect for image pans in the DPS Tips app. See "Pan & Zoom" in the Overlays folio.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,636 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Sep 26, 2011 12:29 PM   in reply to jmartynhopkins

I understand now. It may be possible to achieve that effect, but it depends on your design. In most cases, you should avoid using transparent images for Pan & Zoom due to the ghosting effect that occurs in which the poster (initial view) remains in the background while the transparent image pans over it. Experiment with a transparent image that you set to Pan & Zoom to see if it works with your design.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points