Skip navigation
jfharper
Currently Being Moderated

MP4 Buffering Problem

Sep 26, 2011 4:47 PM

I've run my mp4 through mp4box which is supposed to put the moov atom at the beginning of the file, and so when I test in the webpage, after pressing play, the video will start downloading and start to play, then playback is paused at 1 second until the rest of the video completely downloads...then playback resumes.  I can't figure out if this is a player problem, server problem, or mp4 problem...if the mp4 starts to buffer then stops, I'm thinking it is not the mp4 or the server since it started to buffer, but does not buffer properly...can someone offer any advice?  Thanks.  BTW, I'm using strobe media playback as the player.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2011 1:59 AM   in reply to jfharper

Hi,

I could be either:

- an asset problem (moov atom not correctly moved)

- an asset length problem. If it's a short asset, the dynamic buffer change from the starting shorter value to the longer playback value (10s) will start rendering the movie when the whole movie has been downloaded

- a buffering problem (our optimizations applied to your specific video could have affected this)

Can you try it with optimizeBuffering=false?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 28, 2011 1:22 AM   in reply to jfharper

Good job!

btw, the setup.html page helps you adding the parameters with correct names if you want to do some quick and dirty tests.

S.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points