• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question slide background

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit the background in a Captivate question slide (from a question pool to be more specific).  I would like to use a powerpoint slide as an animated background to the question slide in Captivate.

I used to be able to do this with a previous version of Captivate.  In Captivate 3, when you import a ppt slide, it adds it as a separate layer/element.  You can literally click on this layer, copy and paste it into the question slide, then simply send it to the background.  Unfortunately, when I import a ppt slide to Captivate 5, it's not added as a separate layer...  it becomes part of the captivate slide.

Is there a way around this?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround to get this to work 😃

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to post your workaround, please!

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry... I was in the process of doing it yesterday, but here's what I did.

I have two versions of Captivate in my laptop, Captivate 3 & 5.

1. I opened Captivate 3 and started a project

2. Create a question pool in Captivate 3

3. I inserted a powerpoint slide with my gif animation in the slide

NOTE: If you want your gif to loop continuously, you must make sure you pause the project in Captivate before the end of the slide.  It will not work if you extend the slide duration.

4. After importing the ppt slide with looping gif animation in captivate 3, I copied the slide (make sure you're not copying the invisible click box) and pasted it on top of each question in the pool.

5. Go to your timeline and send the slide to the background if necessary.

6. Line up/design your question slides.

7. Save and close the project.

8. Find the project and open with > Captivate 5

Your question pool should retain the animation.

I am working on creating a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" game.  I've seen it done before, but it always looks amateur.  I wanted to do something more polished, with nicer graphics, appropriate sound effects and good transition slides.  The gif animation is of two moving spotlights on the background of every question screen.  I'd be happy to share a sample if I knew where to upload it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources