Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading/Opening a Presenter File on a Mac

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We design educational programming and have used Adobe Presenter for as long as we've been in operation in order to deliver slides that teachers can download to use in their classroom, but that are also delivered in a secure way.

Here is an example:  https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b716b885f606fad9ba4

Recently we've recieved a flurry of emails from users saying they are unable to open the files on their systems.  We know the relationship between Adobe and Apple can be touchy, but until recently we had no problem whatsoever with users that ran on Mac operating systems downloading and using the files (this is our third year using Presenter in this way).

Does anyone know if there is a direct or workaround solution for this?

If there is not, can anyone recommend an alternative program that will allow teachers to use a "slide" function, but will also allow us to deliver the files in a way that does not allow them to be edited?

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts on this issue!

Kyle Baker

Program Coordinator

Institute for Excellence & Ethics

www.excellenceandethics.org

www.twitter.com/kbakerIEE

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle,

I downloaded the PDF from the shared location and checked it on  MAC (Lion 10.7). I am able to play the presentation properly.

Please let me know  following details:-

1) Which version of Preseter you are using for publishing this presentation and 

2) Which Presenter version you used for earlier presentation when there were no cutomer issues.

3) Secondly, on which Mac version do we see this issue?

Another point I want to mention is please ask your users to use Adobe Reader 9 or later for viewing the file. For older version of Adobe Reader is not supported.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, let me say that Adobe is Apple's largest software development partner and the two work hand in hand every day for product support issues. Yes, Apple does not allow Adobe Flash to operate on their iOS devices becuase of their desire to control the battery experience of their devices. However, Flash is easily installed on most Mac's. So, please don't confuse the Adobe Flash disagreement with Apple as "touchy" for the entire relationship. Adobe is a large customer of Apple and we sell a lot of software through the Apple Store.

Second, the files should play fine on Mac's. Adobe Reader is fully supported on Mac OSX. I do think you may have outdated versions of Reader. Must be version 9 or greater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources