Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

flash builder 4.5 launch failed

Sep 28, 2011 8:48 AM

Tags: #flash_builder #mobile_project

I have a project I built using most of the code from the employee directory tutorial and when i made the changes to run it using DAO and the sqllite database it does not launch and sends me a lauch failed error

Process terminated unexpectedly

initial content not found

Any help to get this so I can atleast run it and debug it would be great

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 28, 2011 10:01 PM   in reply to ReelMania1

Is Project -> Build automatically turned on? Are the errors in your "Problems" view?

This happens because the SWF that AIR is looking for is not present. The SWF usually has the same name as main application and is referenced in the appname-app.xml file in bin-debug via the content XML tag.

-Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 10:01 PM   in reply to ReelMania1

Also, is your output folder set to bin-debug? (In Project Properties -> Build Path)

-Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to ReelMania1

On a related note that might be the cause of some people's problem:

I just had a similar problem (how/why I found this post) and I was getting a similar error.  The problem started when I deleted the .swf from the bin-release folder.  I kept getting:

Process terminated unexpectedly.

initial content not found

Launch command details:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\bin\adl.exe" -runtime "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\runtimes\air\win" C:\wamp\www\Imaginus.org\projects\xxx\xxx\xxx-app.xml C:\wamp\www\Imaginus.org\projects\xxx\xxx

(xxx is/was the name of my project)

I fixed the problem when I was looking at the properties and under "Properties>Builders" there is a checkbox for "Missing Builder (com.powerflasher.fdt.core.FlashBuilder)" that I'm guessing was added when I installed FDT PowerFlasher to play with a few days ago.  I unchecked the box and approved the "This is an advanced operation..." warning.  The compiler reconfigured itself and I tried to launch again.  This time FB DID rebuild the .swf and launched as expected.

Thought I'd add this comment just in case other people find this thread and just happen to have the same problem.

=)

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 6:25 AM   in reply to Chaos7703

Hi,

i've got exactly the same problem but i don't find this checkbox for "missing builder"

Thanks for your help

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points