Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to crop pages using Adobe LiveCycle ES2 PDF Generator and Acrobat 9.2 Pro Extended

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm evaluating the possibilities of Adobe LiveCycle ES2.0 PDF Generator in order to convert on the fly (programmatically) MS Office Documents and Visio drawings into PDF files.

I'm able to trigger this process using the Webservices API (from within C#). However when generating the PDF files in this way, each and every PDF file has a lot of white margins around it as it is generated as an 8x11 inch page.

I have been looking in ways to crop these white margins from around the information, so that the PDF content is only showing the actual content (in order to be used as an image).

I found a way of doing this manually by opening the generated PDF file of LiveCycle in Acrobat 9.2 Pro Extended and using the Document > Crop Pages... option.

So my question is: Can this be done programmatically using Adobe LiveCycle ES (and/or API functions of the Acrobat tool).

The envisioned solution would run on a server (without interaction/monitoring requirements by a human).

Any input about this is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Raf

Raf Snijders

0 Replies