Skip navigation
martinp2502
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to still get GoLive

Oct 2, 2011 7:40 AM

The reason I ask is because of a personal disaster. Afetr upgrading my Macbook Pro to Snow Leopard my CS3 apps didn't work so i reloaded them, completely forgetting GoLive wasn't on there. The last time I loaded it i think I got it from a folder on a CS2 disc but I'm not sure as all my program discs are on a container heading abroad. I was using my MacPro tower up to a week ago and have just had a load of web work emailed to me and no GoLive. I have no interest in trying to use Dreamweaver but would like to get hold of GoLive to install. I don't think my customer is prepared to wait 6 weeks before I have my discs delivered.

is there any way i can still get GoLive, does anyone still sell it. i'll have to buy it as a download as delivery is out of the question as we are moving to Turkey and I don't think they have postmen.

Any help gratefully received.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 2, 2011 7:53 AM   in reply to martinp2502

Sorry, but no.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2011 8:05 AM   in reply to martinp2502

No matter what we think, that is the fact we have to live with. It was discontinued long ago by Adobe in favour of DreamWeaver.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2011 6:46 AM   in reply to martinp2502

You can download the 30-day trial from here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/golive/mac/cs2/

I do not know if this will allow you to enter your GL serial but you will at least have 30 days.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 8:56 AM   in reply to martinp2502

If all else fails, you can ge tit off of Amazon or ebay. As to "having to live it it" NO, I do not. It runs fine on my core i5 Win 7 pro. I have a Hackintosh running on the other side w/ snow lepard, but I don't use it much... hard to be productive on a mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 12:13 PM   in reply to STURMKATZE

To clarify to STURMKATZE...

The "having to live with it" is the fact that Adobe no longer develops or sells GL. Nobody here is advocating a move to DW.

Please tame your misplaced rants today in several discussion topics. You are being silly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 12:58 PM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

Maid Marian, just because you try and talk over me, does not mean I will raise the white flag. I am like my dog (a Red Heeler), kind of stubborn. I also bite back and sometimes LOVE to argue. SO, howsabout we don't argue because you wil not win here. Help me w/ my template regions overflow problem and we will have peace... an olive branch??

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 1:12 PM   in reply to STURMKATZE

There is no desire to argure with or to help a troll.

My posts that followed yours are really to benefit others that might be confused by your nonsense and poor attitude.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 1:22 PM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

LOL. I knew it would be that way. Bullies don't like it when others don't acquiesce to their demands. I can think of at least 5-6 place sin thiese forums wher epeople have called you a troll. Hell, I've seen it stated that you're actually a guy. I don't really care. One more time, here's an olive branch.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 1:26 PM   in reply to STURMKATZE

Thinking alone in your twisted mind is very different from sharing a link to just one of these "5-6" places for the rest of us to see.

One more time...

As stated in the other threads you have spammed today: You are an idiot for thinking that you can insult others by calling them trolls and then asking them for help.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 1:30 PM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

I'm not insulting anyone. YOU chose to feel I was talking to you. I don't have time to waste on you. I spammed nothing and even got osme traffic going. It doesn't matter. I need a certain thing. Adobe, as usual, seems to not care about it's customers. I just chose today to really comment on this. Take your meds, breathe a bit and calm down. You are not my mother and you don't get to tell me what to do. You jump on ANYONE who disagrees with you -- why is that?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 1:34 PM   in reply to STURMKATZE

I would love to know what disagreement you think that we are having.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2011 8:09 PM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

Aren't we? Disagreement is fine. This is America that I live in and it's legal. I can tell you like to spool up and argue. Let's don't. I can do it too. I have been on the 'Net a long time also... 1996, I think. I was doing desktop on PageMaker 3 back when and when I moved to the web, I did stuff liek there. I try and make things look right and work right. I didn't like Frontpage much, except it had some neat tools like a thumbnail maker. I am not a big photostyler either, but "save for web" is a killer thing. Pagemaker is dead and InDesign is not a bad alternative. Clunky and harder to use, but I can work around it. GoLive CS2 (9 sucks) though... it is SO superior to Dreamweaver evennow, almost 7 years later... sorry, but I am not a code monkey. I don't like to write code and only look at it when there's a problem.

I know, Marian, that you think I'm some newbie -- I'm not, I just chose not to come here and argue or whatever. Especially when I see people drinking the koolade of Adobe and their bad decisions.

How's that? I know, I am still bad because I defy you. Right?!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points