Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Captivate 'Not Responding' when properties tab is used.

Oct 2, 2011 1:36 PM

Hi

Thought I'd share my revelation with you all in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I have just spent the past 2 days trying to figure out why Adobe Captivate 5.5 freezes whenever I try to use most of the options in the properties tab. I have a fairly robust system running windows 7 x64, incorporating a quad core processor, 8gb ram and 2 x 8gb graphics cards. I had tried everything including a complete re-instalation of all my Adobe software, only to discover that I have been a bit daft.

You see, eventually, I came to realise that it only froze when I was trying to adjust the properties of objects that had text in them. Upon checking my 'Fonts' folder I realised that I had over 4000 fonts installed. Initially I tried hiding all but the system fonts but this seemed to achieve nothing so I moved all of the non-system fonts to another folder and 'Hey Presto' Adobe Captivate now works like a dream.

Don't know why it froze when I tried to adjust any of the properties (not just the font) but it did. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to manage all of my fonts.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)