Expand my Community achievements bar.

Connection for Source failed because the environment is not trusted

Level 3

Good day all,

This is the second time I come across this error on two different forms.

This happens whenever I have a form connected to my database(SQL) and configured my ODBC.

My form is Reader Extended, when I load it outside LC Designer I get this error : "Connection for Source failed because the environment is not trusted".

I have searched for solution, one that I saw says one must change bindings from None to Normal, I've done that and didnt solve my problem.

Can someone please assist me.

Regards,

Ace

5 Replies

Level 10

How did you Reader Extend the form?

If you extend using the Server software, then you have option to connect to database and webservice.

But if you do it with Acrobat PRO, you do not have that option.

Try opening the same form in Acrobat PRO instead of Adobe Reader and try the database connectivity.

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

Thanks Srini for replying, I Reader Extended the form using the Reader Extensions that come with LC Server not Acrobat, yes I have opened the form using Acrobat PRO and Adobe Reader X, I get the same error message.

Level 10

Check the two below links and see if they can be of any helpful to resolve your issue.

In this thread Paul is asking to change the DSN setting.

"If you set up your DSN as a system DSN instead of a user DSN then that message shoudl disappear."

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2873482

In the below blog, Steve is mentioning to clone the connection to get rid of the issue.

You should be able to get around this by changing this line:

var oDB = xfa.sourceSet.nodes.item(nIndex);

to this:

var oDB = xfa.sourceSet.nodes.item(nIndex).clone(1);

http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/10/12/displaying-all-records-from-an-odbc-data-connection/

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

I just tried this var oDB = xfa.sourceSet.nodes.item(nIndex).clone(1); but no change.

My DSN setting is already systme not user, so I dint have to make changes there.

:-(

Ace

Level 10

May be Paul or some one can answer this.

Thanks

Srini