Is this normal ?

Win7

Dx11

Nvidia 8400M, driver updated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check that Hardware Acceleration is enabled in your settings ui.  You can do this by loading any flash content, right click > Settings > Make sure that Enable Hardware Acceleration is checked.

Thanks,

Charbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using?  Do you have IE9 software rendering enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was checked, still softwarre rendering on firefox, chrome and ie9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that devomatic.  We don't expect to blacklist this card, so may I ask you to provide your DxDiag info?  Run > DxDiag > Save All Information.  You can email that to me directly at aaronc@adobe.com, or post just the computer and graphics information here. 

Also can you run the exe found here:

www.playercore.com/Users/aaronc/TheMoleSays.zip

It is an app we made to mimic what drivers Stage3D is finding, and that could shed some light as to why your card is being blacklisted.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you received my mail last week ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes I did, sorry it was in my junk inbox.  Thank you for prompting me.

Looking at your DxDiag info I see that the installed driver is older than 1/1/2009.  I assume the latest drivers you have installed must be the drivers supplied by Dell because the latest available driver from NVIDIA is dated 8/9/2011. Can you try to install the latest driver directly from NVIDIA here:

If you are running 64-bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-280.26-whql-driver.html

Or 32-bit here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-280.26-whql-driver.html

If you are able to install those then you should be able to use HW Acceleration.  If you can’t then unfortunately there is no supported way we can make HW Acceleration work on your machine.  Dell needs to update their graphics drivers in order to support MoleHill.  I would recommend filing a support ticket with them if you aren’t able to update to the NVIDIA drivers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.

My Dell drivers are 2008.

Installing the reference drivers from Nvidia worked but now many features of my video card are disabled.  The HDMI port doesn't work.  And everytime I wakeup from sleep mode the display resets to one monitor with 640x480 mode.

Installing reference drivers for laptops is ALWAYS a bad idea.

What should I do now?

Can I force Flash to use my 2008 drivers?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines