Skip navigation
Rufus Chaney
Currently Being Moderated

Distributed Form has Stopped Collecting Responses

Oct 5, 2011 8:31 AM

Tags: #acrobat #pdf #reader #form #tracker #distributed #responses #extended

I have created an order form using Acrobat X and distributed through Acrobat.com to collect responses on our local server.  The process has been working fine for the past two months, but has suddenly stopped working this week.  I can see from the tracker that the responses are still coming in, but when we select  “View Responses”, the response comes back that there are no updates.

1.jpg2.jpg

Another problem is that the response file have grown significantly in size even though the collect responses are saved and archived each day.  It has become very large.

When the original was created, it was saved as a Reader Extended PDF – Enable Additional Features.  Is it possible that this is causing the problem?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 6, 2011 4:35 AM   in reply to Rufus Chaney

I am having the same issue! Please, someone help us fix this. I can't lose these submitted responses.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 5:34 AM   in reply to Rufus Chaney

I am having the same issue, I created the form in Acrobat Pro 9 and LiveCycle Designer.  It was working for a few days then stopped importing the responses.  Same as above the tracker shows the responses coming in but they are not added to the response file.  There are several other people and the Acobat Users Community forums having the same issue and it seems to have all styarted on the same day (what does that tell you).  It would be really great to have some response from the company!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 9:41 AM   in reply to Rufus Chaney

I am also seeing the same issue.  An employee responded to my a different thread about this saying their server is down for maintenance and would be "back up after sometime" But has since deleted the comment.  I've been dealing with this for 2 or 3 days now and I'm wondering when the maintenance will be done.  Does anyone have any ideas??

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 9:47 AM   in reply to Rufus Chaney

I'm having the same problem, and it's imperative that this is fixed.  I'm missing most of my responses.    

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 12:26 PM   in reply to Rufus Chaney

C'mon, adobe! Fix this--I have a deadline on Monday and need these responses NOW!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 4:38 PM   in reply to Rufus Chaney

We are running into this same problem. Around the 4th we stopped recieving responses we didn't change anything and it had been working for about 2 months with out issue. I assumed it was something on my side. I deleted the form and tried re-distributing it. The newly distributed form is not recieving responses either. The tracker says that there are new responses but the go to view responses in the response file we get a "No new Responses" when clicking the update button.  Do we know for sure that it is an adobe server things? Has anyone had any success in finding a solution?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 4:56 PM   in reply to SanfordMediaCenter

This is a super frustrating problem.  See thread http://acrobatusers.com/forum/forms-acrobat/responses-not-added#commen t-83945

We are all waiting for solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 9:11 AM   in reply to schedulefinder

Adobe is working on it with high priority and this service will be up and running soon.

~SaVe

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 12:20 PM   in reply to Sandeep V.

Try this fix:

1.   Close all Acrobat/Reader versions that are running
    2.   Kill AdobeCollabSync.exe using Task Manager
    3.   Move the Synchronizer folder from C:\Documents and Settings\sandeepverma\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0 to your desktop
    4.   Reopen your Acrobat Form for tracking, notice that all form responses are available

On Vista and Windows 7:  Find the Synchronizer folder Under C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0

Replace SandeepVerma with your username.

Reopen the _Response file and try. It will start receiving responses.

Please let me know for any confusion

There was an update to Acrobat.com server and doing this will create the updated file on the machine. Thanks for your patience guys... Njoy using it...!!!!!

~SaVe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points