Skip navigation
CCED
Currently Being Moderated

Problem printing Adobe Reader X 10.1.1

Oct 6, 2011 10:07 AM

Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System- Internet Explorer Ver. 9.0 and Firefox Version 7.0- Adobe Reaqder Ver.X (10.1.1) 

Has something changed with this latest version of Adobe Reader?  Suddenly I am unable to get the Adobe program screen when I want to print a completed form from within an insiuance billing program.  For the past two years, I only needed to click on the billing program's print icon and the Adobe Reader print window would come up.  From there I could choose how many copies to print, etc.  This worked with both browswers as recently as two weeks ago. ( IE9 and FF 7)

Now- While using Internet Explorer 9- When I click on the print icon I only get a 'print preview page' within that program.  If I try to print the completed form by choosing Control & 'p', I get a blank printout, without the information I had typed into the form.  If I choose File> Print, i get an entire 'webpage' which I don't want, I only want the form to print.  The ONLY way I can print the form is to right click on the print preview window & choose print from the drop down.

If I try the same steps using the Firefox's 7.0 browser, I am getting a 404 error window...Page cannot be found,etc.)

I have always used Adobe Reader with this medical billing program without any issues.  The form is an insurance claim form that I fill in, print a hard copy for my records, and then submit on line for payment. I have always kept Adobe reader updated to the current version.  When I called the program's tech support i was told that Adpobe Reader no longer has a 'toolbar' and that is why I need to go through these steps.  That doesn't make sense to me.  Why doesn't Adobe Reader open as it always has?  It is set as the default Reader. 

Can someone offer any help wioth this?  Or recommend troubleshooting steps I can try?  Should I uninstall Adobe Reader 10 and reinstall it?  I am really stuck here and need some help.  Thank you for your time.

CCED

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 10, 2011 6:40 AM   in reply to CCED

Hi,

I am not sure if I have understood your problem correctly. Could you please let me know the following details:

Has something changed with this latest version of Adobe Reader?  Suddenly I am unable to get the Adobe program screen when I want to print a completed form from within an insiuance billing program.  For the past two years, I only needed to click on the billing program's print icon and the Adobe Reader print window would come up.  From there I could choose how many copies to print, etc.  This worked with both browswers as recently as two weeks ago. ( IE9 and FF 7)

Are you trying to open up a PDF from within a 3rd party application or are you simple trying to open a form from within a browser? You seem to mention an insurance billing program as well as opening in a browser. I am kind of confused here.

Please let me know the details so that I can assist you in a better way.

Thanks

Ankit

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 10, 2011 10:52 PM   in reply to CCED

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification on the issue. Could you please let me know, if the issue has been happening only after you updated to Reader 10.1.1 or was it occuring with Reader 10.1.0 as well.

Also, could you please try the following to see if it helps:

1. Close all instances of AcroRd32.exe from your task manager.

2. Launch Adobe Reader and goto Edit > Preferences

3. Select the Internet option in the Left Side Panel.

4. Uncheck the checkbox "Display in Read Mode by Default"

5. Close Adobe Reader and try printing from your 3rd party application again.

Do let me know if this doesnt work.

Thanks

Ankit

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points