Skip navigation
PhiFilms
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to open file in Premier CS5.5 after exporting in After Effects CS5.5

Oct 6, 2011 6:23 PM

Hello Gentlemen,

I recieved an error when trying to open up a file in Premier CS5.5 after exporting the file from After Effects CS5.5.

Below is the error:

\\?\C:\Users\Kitt\Desktop\ADOBE\Adobe Premier Work\Phi Films CS5.5.prproj

Video Filter missing:  AE.ADBE SubspaceStabilizer

Here are my steps:

I originally created a file in Premier CS4. I then opened it in After Effects CS5.5

I then exported the file in After Effects for Premier.

I installed Premier CS5.5

I tried to open the file in Premier CS5.5 and get the error preventing the file from being open.

Has anyone seen this error. Thank to all suggestions in advance.

-Kitt

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 6, 2011 10:44 PM   in reply to PhiFilms

That's  nonsense. You need to render your footage and import that into Premiere. If the Warp Stabilizer would exist in Premiere, you wouldn't have had to apply it in AE in the first place, would you? You seriously need to read up on workflows...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 5:51 AM   in reply to PhiFilms

Are you working with the demo's? The export Premiere Pro Project only brings the footage into AE, it doesn't bring in cameras, lights, or AE only effects. I don't know anyone that's ever used it. The only way to get an After Effects project into Premiere Pro so that the AE project remains in tact is to use Dynamic Link and that's only available as part of one of the suites. Production Premium or Master Collection will both have that capability. Two individual products or two demo's won't work.

As Mylenium said, read up on workflows and read up on rendering.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 8:00 AM   in reply to Rick Gerard

> The export Premiere Pro Project only brings the footage into AE, it doesn't bring in cameras, lights, or AE only effects. I don't know anyone that's ever used it.

David Fincher, for one. That's how they set up their compositing pipeline for The Social Network.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 9:35 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

David Fincher ... Didn't know that. I'd love to see the workflow. I haven't done an AE project in a couple of years that didn't involve a 3D camera. Guess that's why I've never used the feature.

Speaking of export to Premiere Pro Project, shouldn't there be a warning that certain effects, cameras and lights will not be brought into the PPro project somewhat like the warning you get with export to flash?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2011 5:30 PM   in reply to PhiFilms

You could simply add the comp to the render cue and render it. That's what I would do because that's the fastest workflow.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points