• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FP11 Linux Hardware Acceleration?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphics chipsets have hardware-acceleration support in FP11 for Linux?

The FP11 release note seems to imply that its content refers to all FP11 OS versions, since it doesn't say otherwise, and it mentions the system requirements for all FP11's OS versions, but that might just be loose writing.

The last I heard was that the hardware acceleration for the Flash Player for Linux only worked with nVidia's more recent chipsets like their ION chipset. is that still true?

For example, what's the hardware-acceleration status for the built-in GPUs in the Intel i3/i5/i7 processors? Those processors have been available for about two years now and are becoming ubiquitous in laptops, so I'd have though that they had become about as fundamental a support requirement as you can get.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately given the current landscape of graphics drivers and support for Linux based operating systems, we could not support Linux with Hardware Acceleration.  Most drivers, including the ones provided from Intel/NVIDIA/AMD were too unstable to consistently work with the Flash Player.  Sorry for the inconvienience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an unsupported way to enable it? It was working fine in the incubator, and now it's extremely slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of FP 11.0.1.152 there is no way to turn on HW Acceleration for Linux.  We disabled it entirely facing security concerns, but we may re-enable an unsupported method in a future release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Damn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But webgl works just fine on Linux, even with relatively old video cards.  Sad that that is the only option left for linux users. Java, Processing, is also an option, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Here it is nearly 4 months later and I'm wondering the same thing.  Is it still not possible for linux users to utilize hardware acceleration with Flash 11?  I've got three 64-bit *nix computers that are dying to use the graphics cards I recently bought them.

Thanks in advance.

- Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately I don't have any new news to give you.  I'd recommend everyone effected go to the following bug and cast your vote:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2992148

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response Chris.

- Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines