• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing TCS 3.5 over existing apps not installed via TCS

Participant ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using all of the apps in TCS apps but installed individually. Now I want to install the TCS 3.5 and it is failing to install FrameMaker and Robohelp, as well as a bunch of other stuff associated with Captivate ("failed due to bad configuration").

Before I start un-installing everything in sight I am hoping for some guidance.

Please advise. I am dying to get this sw installed so I can create a powerful demo to comit my group to it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Conflicting processes were running in your machine, thats why the installer exited without proper installation. Please close Outlook or any Microsoft Office product and then again run the set-up. You should not get this problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TCS apps have some internal components that are different than the stand-alone versions. You should uninstall all versions of the apps that are duplicated by the ones in the TCS. Please also de-activate those apps before un-installing, so that they can be used on another machine. A re-boot between uninstalling the old ones and installing the new ones would also be prudent to ensure that you have a relatively clean, stable environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS 3 and TCS 3.5 have same version of FrameMaker and RoboHelp, hence they cannot co-exist. You have to uninstall them first and then install through TCS3.5, the rest of the products can be installed.

Regarding the other Captivate products, what might be failing is Captivate Quiz Results Analyzer and Captivate Reviewer, again due to different versions supported in TCS 3 and TCS 3.5. Also, these products do not get uninstalled with uninstall of Captivate. Hence, you should uninstall them separately from Add/Remove Program. After that you should get a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I uninstalled all the components and whatever got installed of TC3.5, then restarted and initiated a fresh install of TC3.5 only none of the applications installed. I have nothing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the installer logs with us so that we can isolate the issue. You can find the log at <Root>\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3/3.5 <timestamp>.log.gz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That path does not exist to me.

SShot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be your problem - check to see that you have full admin rights to your C:\ drive - in Win7 you have to manually "give" yourself these rights

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but I did run the install by rt clicking and selecting "Run as administrator". I will check as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, local tech support folks say i do have full admin rights to C:whatever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating that folder, and if you can, check to see if anything was installed through the Control Panel - if it was, uninstall it, re-boot and install again; if it wasn't, try installing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Root>\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3/3.5 <timestamp>.log.gz

My system has upto the Adobe folder. I assume you're saying to add an "Installers" folder and not every folder from that point forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working on a 64-bit machine then the log will be created inside Program Files(x86) and not Program Files. Please verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did anything get created in that Installer folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the log was there. Not sure how you want me to share it. It's long. I will just plop it down as I see no other way. Please correct if necessary.

------------------------------------

[   35884] Wed Oct 12 09:40:24 2011  INFO
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
Visit http://www.adobe.com/go/loganalyzer/ for more information
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
START - Installer Session
RIBS version: 4.2.4.0
Win OS version: 6.1.0.0 64 bit Type: 1
::START TIMER:: [Total Timer]
CHECK: Single instance running
CHECK : Credentials

[edited for brevity by Host]

[    1252] Wed Oct 12 14:10:38 2011 ERROR
DW046: Following Conflicting processes were running -
block:OUTLOOK.EXE
[    1252] Wed Oct 12 14:10:38 2011  INFO
:: END TIMER :: [Total Timer] took 18335.5 milliseconds (18.3355 seconds) DTR = 7.63548 KBPS (0.00745652 MBPS)
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 4 warning(s)

WARNING: DS013: Payload {A8798E04-96FF-4564-9157-0D4C89CB794C} DynamiclinkSupport 5.0.0.0 is already installed and the session payload {1A1E5FF9-D0FD-42A3-8E18-E5E7E95E1AB4} DynamiclinkSupport 5.5.0.0 has no upgrade/conflict relationship with it.
WARNING: DS013: Payload {78A53622-CDBA-49D1-A3D0-D563FB398D0C} AdobeColorCommonSetRGB 3.0.0.0 is already installed and the session payload {45063C56-A2A2-4FD1-A56A-A964723EEE1E} AdobeColorCommonSetRGB 3.1.0.0 has no upgrade/conflict relationship with it.
WARNING: DS013: Payload {39CB2E53-5326-4939-8B5A-0402C6EFBFE3} AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK 3.0.0.0 is already installed and the session payload {54D89F03-8EED-4FF9-BCDF-3B2E11D448A6} AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK 3.1.0.0 has no upgrade/conflict relationship with it.
WARNING: DS013: Payload {925ED7E4-E1B6-4544-8141-1C98A18D2E2E} AdobeOutputModule 3.0.0.0 is already installed and the session payload {AC003BC0-704F-4F02-A72E-AC8B7044DE24} AdobeOutputModule 3.1.0.0 has no upgrade/conflict relationship with it.
ERROR: DS013: Verifying payload integrity : Failed with code 1
ERROR: DW046: Following Conflicting processes were running -
block:OUTLOOK.EXE

Please search the above error/warning string(s) to find when the error occurred.
These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exit Code: 19 - Conflicting Processes running.
END - Installer Session

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Conflicting processes were running in your machine, thats why the installer exited without proper installation. Please close Outlook or any Microsoft Office product and then again run the set-up. You should not get this problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines